• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Intake Icing Up

Does anyone have a good solution for intake icing up on MCX Nytro with exhaust & intake side by side. I don't want to do the snorkel, I read somewhere about running two prefilters or a humidifier filter and a prefilter. Just wondering what is best solution.

TIA
NB

Run a tunnel dump exhaust if you dont want the snorkel..

Attachments

• he1.jpg
    he1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 71
  • he2.jpg
    he2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 65
  • he3.jpg
    he3.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 60
  • he3.jpg
    he3.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 63
How loud is a tunnel dump? Does anyone have pics of one install on a stock tunnel? This would be a better solution since I can use the back tunnel for fuel, gear or beer....

I thought it was an option when ordering if I recall?? That way you just mounted the muffler on the underside with a different down pipe from the turbo to the muffler. I believe it was considerably quieter.

check your regulations..its different in Canada..My friend just got it for an Excell..and its not loud,but it is not stock..if he was alone might have gotten away with it..if he was alone..but they were walking around the sleds... it has the name right on it.EXCEL..he should have rubbed the name out and put yammie on it..

Thanks I'm going to try extenting the filter out further and get it out of the "Hot Box". I also added a humidifier course filter inbetween the prefilter and cage, hopefully this will help.

Thanks for the tip on the police.....but first they will have to catch me....mine is not stock for sure

I installed a snorkel kit on mine after the first couple of rides.. It iced up bad before i got it. Seems to work very well with the snorkel.

Heres a couple pics of the sled with the snorkel installed.

179048_10150127395215733_628715732_8287531_1887872_n.jpg

179388_10150127395135733_628715732_8287528_4761163_n.jpg

The first outfit to offer a complete solution with a muffler under the tunnel & a piece of aluminium bent up to close off the back all ready to fit a stock tunnel... Will make some $$$.

Back