• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

intercooler benefit

I wonder if anyone ever put turbo right on the back of motor? That you would think would be best for lag. Smaller tank and a brace for seat. I know BoostedNytros Push Turbo sure as heck doesn't have lag I could feel and that's quite a way back. Murdered haven't you ever ridden Boosteds sled?

I wonder if anyone ever put turbo right on the back of motor? That you would think would be best for lag. Smaller tank and a brace for seat. I know BoostedNytros Push Turbo sure as heck doesn't have lag I could feel and that's quite a way back. Murdered haven't you ever ridden Boosteds sled?

The closer to the engine, the faster the spool up generally. Your drive pressure and heat is greater closest to the head, the sooner/faster the exhaust wheel sees those things, the quicker it will spool. But on the other hand, if you have a properly tuned header with good heat retention, you heat and drive pressure won't be effected. And then again, exhaust housing size, exhaust wheel size and compressor wheel size all play into spool up.

No not yet, he turned up the boost, now I'm afraid to

Lots of great info guys, I'm actually toying around the idea of using a cat 1100 air to water intercooler with electric fan on my viper, those can be had under$200 on eBay, my viper with mpi turbo is not going over 6psi, just trying to get the most out without breaking the bank, got the slp header for quicker spool up, intake is routed to the outside, higher flowing race can,quick spooling waste gate and a bigger fuel pump to keep things happy, if someone can shed some light on the ac intercooler, that would be appreciated.

Lots of great info guys, I'm actually toying around the idea of using a cat 1100 air to water intercooler with electric fan on my viper, those can be had under$200 on eBay, my viper with mpi turbo is not going over 6psi, just trying to get the most out without breaking the bank, got the slp header for quicker spool up, intake is routed to the outside, higher flowing race can,quick spooling waste gate and a bigger fuel pump to keep things happy, if someone can shed some light on the ac intercooler, that would be appreciated.
That wont be enough to beat Boosted so why bother? Where are you going to put that Cat Intercooler?

I dont do anything to my sled to beat someone, everyone knows I'm not the competitive type, i do things to my liking and satisfaction, haven't really gotten that much in depth on the intercooler, figured it would fit in the nose piece like on the cat.

I dont do anything to my sled to beat someone, everyone knows I'm not the competitive type, i do things to my liking and satisfaction, haven't really gotten that much in depth on the intercooler, figured it would fit in the nose piece like on the cat.
I know I am just giving you crap. So you would go with a tunnel cooler and delete radiator?

Gonna have to look at my cousin's 14' turbo cross tour to see if its worth the headache.

Back