• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Interesting Skid Shock Spring info

Ride report:
The heavier spring (145#) definitely helped. I think I need to go more pre-load though. I set it at 1/4" pre-load or 1.750" from the bottom. I'm going to turn it up another 1/4" for a total of 2" from the bottom. That will still leave another 7/8" of thread left for additional tuning.

Just a heads up, my spring is 1/4" longer than the stock spring, so my #'s my not directly cross over to stock!

Happy to see good results from this mod from somebody that tried it. Thanks!

Talking to Nate from Zbroz when I picked up my spring, it sounds like most their setups run the 140 # spring and some 160's. His personal hillclimb race sled runs the 160.

Its odd to me that YamaCat put such a soft spring in from the factory!

Talking to Nate from Zbroz when I picked up my spring, it sounds like most their setups run the 140 # spring and some 160's. His personal hillclimb race sled runs the 160.

Its odd to me that YamaCat put such a soft spring in from the factory!

Yep seemed odd to me as they put the 135 in the trail sleds. All is well that ends well though now that you have the spring in.

Dou You still run the center shock in it's original mounting point? Or in the lower hole?

Dou You still run the center shock in it's original mounting point? Or in the lower hole?

With the new spring nothing else is needed. On our last year Viper I did not change the spring but relocated the lower skid shock mounting hole, short version is do one but not the other. And I recommend changing the spring as it is easier.

Turbo,

Is that ZBros part #20-0175-300?

I have no idea where u got that part #.

I have no idea where u got that part #.

it is a part number from the ZBros website.

Could you please share the part number for the 145lb spring which you purchased from them?

Thank you,

Stingray, is that a Yamaha 135lb spring you are using? What hole do you run on the limiter strap with the 135lb spring?

Last edited:
TJ-R, I just walked in to their store and bought it in person. It's a $60 spring, but I was able to test this weekend. Bang for the buck is probably the CAT spring.

Back