• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Interesting Skid Shock Spring info

What does the comparable AC sled have for a spring? I have a XTX LE coming which is like the AC high country, curious the AC comes with a bigger spring? I am 270... Wondering if I should order a spring.

What does the comparable AC sled have for a spring? I have a XTX LE coming which is like the AC high country, curious the AC comes with a bigger spring? I am 270... Wondering if I should order a spring.

My suggestion would be yes, as the 2014 XTX came with 110 pound spring and I would guess 2015 would too? I am 165 pounds and the 110 stock spring was way to weak. The 135 works perfect for me and is about 1/3 of the way up the adjustment. Turbo800 in this thread said he found even stiffer springs that might be what you want (I have not tried those).

BUT, when you seethe sled get the number off the shock and see which spring it came with or post here and I will look it up for you.

Go ride the thing and then decide. There is no sense in adding parts you may or may not need without being able to compare it to the stock handling.

Toooo funny you already changed your shocks and are advising others not too. :rofl:

He's not... I think it would be wise for anyone to ride the sled stock before spending money they might not need to. I rode my sled 700 miles before adding anything to it. Some of the things that I have read about on here I see no need for, some I do. Every rider and riding style is different.

I think it would be wise for anyone to ride the sled stock before spending money they might not need to. I rode my sled 700 miles before adding anything to it. Some of the things that I have read about on here I see no need for, some I do. Every rider and riding style is different.

I agree. There are some things that are seemingly unanimous like clutching needs work. Some can't hurt.

FWIW Some of the first things that I bought for my Viper will not be used. Hindsight is 20/20

He's not... I think it would be wise for anyone to ride the sled stock before spending money they might not need to. I rode my sled 700 miles before adding anything to it. Some of the things that I have read about on here I see no need for, some I do. Every rider and riding style is different.

I ride mine stock before changes also, my point was on the irony that someone that had changed his advised others not too. Sorry if the intent was not made clear.

I agree. There are some things that are seemingly unanimous like clutching needs work. Some can't hurt.

FWIW Some of the first things that I bought for my Viper will not be used. Hindsight is 20/20

Yep I have the deflection adjuster I bought that still sits in the package.

Mine has a multi rate coil not a straight wound like the normal sleds. It also has a very special shock package with reservoirs and clickers in most all positions.

Cool, saw you commenting on XTX settings thread and not sure you knew the RTX already has the spring I am suggesting. All good.

I'm just waiting for someone to get some REAL seat time in and compare both when using the XTX as a flatlander would. Initial impressions are one thing. Long term is another.

I have helped several of you in private messages, please post your results good or bad after testing. Thanks!

Back