• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is anyone doing viper performance ecu programming???

Mr.digs

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha sr viper Xtx we
Is anyone doing ecu Performance ECU programming? Does anybody know if Evo is getting their machine fixed?

People been asking that since fall. Doesnt appear that Evo or Ulmer do it anymore. Although some speculation that Evo was going to get their machine fixed. Not much demand for it anymore. I'm assuming with Winder in the mix.

Call Precision. Call Ulmer and Call Thunder Products. Precision can do it but wants 150 people to commit to doing a tune for the Vipers. They have hacked the Arctic Cat ECU for the UTV's. Its identical to ours. Possibilities are endless. Even I would do this since their tune wouldnt require opening the ECU.

Other than the ability to raise the REV limiter, what are the advantages of an ECU tune rather than a Dynojet PCV? I’m not sure if I have ever seen any of the ECU tunes for less than $500. As of todays pricing, a PCV is $319 and free shipping directly from the manufacturer’s website. This price is with a zero base map. A PCV with a custom map is available from several of the TY sponsor vendors for not much more money. Unlike a reprogrammed ECU, the PCV would be able to adapt to any future engine/intake/exhaust modifications.

For those of you that have had experience with the PCV, tell me what I am missing.

I've never had both but these are my thoughts after I looked at both last year.

ECU tune - I didn't like the fact that I had to send my ECU away and have it flashed because that means if I ever wanted to go back to stock to sell it/trade it I would have to send it away again and hopefully that vendor was still in business to bring it back to stock.

PCV - ECU remains stock. More wiring as Cannondale mentions but easily removable and resellable if wanted. Also you can still play with the PCV and fine tune your map if you want to. Even add Autotune if you want to stretch fuel economy for example. However if you are buying a tuned map for your PCV it seems really important to know if it is tuned for your current ECU flash version. I think there is a lot of difference between the original 2014 ECU software and current software with regards to fuel mapping.

Just my 2c.

I've never had both but these are my thoughts after I looked at both last year.

ECU tune - I didn't like the fact that I had to send my ECU away and have it flashed because that means if I ever wanted to go back to stock to sell it/trade it I would have to send it away again and hopefully that vendor was still in business to bring it back to stock.

PCV - ECU remains stock. More wiring as Cannondale mentions but easily removable and resellable if wanted. Also you can still play with the PCV and fine tune your map if you want to. Even add Autotune if you want to stretch fuel economy for example. However if you are buying a tuned map for your PCV it seems really important to know if it is tuned for your current ECU flash version. I think there is a lot of difference between the original 2014 ECU software and current software with regards to fuel mapping.

Just my 2c.
X2 but you can have both! Thats what I would really like since I do like to tweak a bit and love my POD300.

If I pull the trigger on a PCV I would definitely spend the extra couple hundred dollars extra to get the Pod300. I bet it’s nice to keep an eye on the air-fuel ratio in real time.

I currently have the Straightline header and exhaust can. I have a stock airbox and I have not dared to modify it without fuel control for fear of getting too lean through the midrange.

If I pull the trigger on a PCV I would definitely spend the extra couple hundred dollars extra to get the Pod300. I bet it’s nice to keep an eye on the air-fuel ratio in real time.

I currently have the Straightline header and exhaust can. I have a stock airbox and I have not dared to modify it without fuel control for fear of getting too lean through the midrange.
Its awesome! Can tweak the tune right on trail then mod the map at home. Can also datalog which is a huge help and I run two maps so its says which one I am on.

Its awesome! Can tweak the tune right on trail then mod the map at home. Can also datalog which is a huge help and I run two maps so its says which one I am on.

X2. I regret not getting a POD300 and getting just regular gauges. May have to sell those next year and get one! Would love the ability to datalog.

Back