• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jumping ship sort of

NYTROFISH said:
SHIP JUMPER. JUST GOT BACK FROM KALKASKA WITH MY BUDS ONES RIDEING
2009 800R RENAGADE BURNED IT DOWN ON THE BIG RAIL ROAD BED, PASSED
ME AT 95, THEN WENT DOWN. THEY DO RUN. WENT TO GET CYLENDERS
WE GOT THE GUYS LAST SET, THATS HOW MANY SKI DOOS WENT DOWN ON THIS MELT DOWN MONDAY. HOPEFULLY THE 2011 KNOCK SENSORE WILL WORK.

We have a place here in Canada, same situation. Dealer has plenty of jugs and pistons on hand. It is acually in the Gaspe'

They call that area "PISTON ALLEY"

I have both a Nytro and a 09 XP 800r and I really like the them both, no problems with the XP at all after 1 season. I would never buy another first year motor from Doo, that's why I waited for the 09 which was actually the 3rd year for the 800 since they used it in the 07 Summit. The 07's had all kinds of problems so I've pretty much decided no 1st years anymore. That E-Tech will be $13,000 or more I bet and you'll be they're R&D department.

multi sled said:
if our local skidoo dealer wasn't such a loser i would probably own skidoo too.

i dont like product testing for them, i prefer it to be done 95% before i get on the sled and have to ride it. :o|

Nitrousman1 said:
I have both a Nytro and a 09 XP 800r and I really like the them both, no problems with the XP at all after 1 season. I would never buy another first year motor from Doo, that's why I waited for the 09 which was actually the 3rd year for the 800 since they used it in the 07 Summit. The 07's had all kinds of problems so I've pretty much decided no 1st years anymore. That E-Tech will be $13,000 or more I bet and you'll be they're R&D department.

:jump: x2

Currently having both a Rev 800 (backup) and a Nytro XTX... I can see where people are coming from on considering the switch to the Doo XP chassis... Especially when you leave the trail. I rode my Doo the first two rides of the year and it reminded me again how heavy my Nytro is. Don't get me wrong... I love the Yami- the power, the seating position, and most of all, the reliability and ease of operation... but the weight is tough to come back to at times. I think I too will probably be getting an XP next year, as the chassis is miles above the Yami in out-of-the-box handling and comfort... but i'll always have a Yami in the trailer. It's true that the 800 is a somewhat unreliable motor (gotta watch how much credence you give what you read on the forums) compared to the Yamaha... but I know as many people with XP's that have had NO problems whatsoever with 3+K miles on them as those that have. Just my .02$

Good luck with a 2-stroke Doo. I switched back to Doo in 03 when the Rev came out after having exploding Mach Z triples in the late 90's. I had 6 years of bullet proof Yamahas and then got a 800 series 3 Doo. I never knew that you needed to have a spare short block engine in the shop just so you could ride a sled. Those 800 Revs were the most expensive sleds I have ever rode, not to mention every time I went for a ride I wondered if it would get back with the engine in one piece. Customer service was the worst I have ever seen from any brand of anything, period.

I would not buy a 2-stroke BRP product, P-TeK, E-Tek, SDI - no series 3 engine period. They are the most undependable product I have ever encountered.

I can too see how people would consider jumping ship... I bought a brand new leftover xtx this year. Motor is sweet, the handling is down right dangerous! I have done everything to think of, and heard of. I bought skis, runners. It still pushes through the corners... I will continue to wast ride time trying to get this thing to stick but, man my 94 xlt special handled better. Now that Ive changed everything I dont know what to start with next.... I really wish I bought a different brand... but the demo sled rode so great, this is not even close to it...

htlo1r said:
I can too see how people would consider jumping ship... I bought a brand new leftover xtx this year. Motor is sweet, the handling is down right dangerous! I have done everything to think of, and heard of. I bought skis, runners. It still pushes through the corners... I will continue to wast ride time trying to get this thing to stick but, man my 94 xlt special handled better. Now that Ive changed everything I dont know what to start with next.... I really wish I bought a different brand... but the demo sled rode so great, this is not even close to it...

I got my 08 to handle great. Here's what I did. I'm runnig the ski-doo Pilots ski with a set of stud boy shaper bars 7.5 and the most noticable part was when I went to a 1" track. This set up rocks, you can corner like a MOFO with this set up, NO MORE PUSH and the darty sh@# is gone. Three of us in our riding group have Nytro's and we all are running 1" tracks now and we all said that was the biggest improvement we made on these things as far as cornerin goes.

Just so you all know, my buddies 09 XP gade 800 had to tow my Reliable 4-stroke Yamaha home once too. My conclusion is if it has a track, it is going to have problems, no matter what brand is on the hood, there all junk!

BooBoo said:
I got my 08 to handle great. Here's what I did. I'm runnig the ski-doo Pilots ski with a set of stud boy shaper bars 7.5 and the most noticable part was when I went to a 1" track. This set up rocks, you can corner like a MOFO with this set up, NO MORE PUSH and the darty sh@# is gone. Three of us in our riding group have Nytro's and we all are running 1" tracks now and we all said that was the biggest improvement we made on these things as far as cornerin goes.

I find it interesting that you say this as I really didn't have that hard of a time getting my S.E. to handle what I would say far better than my Apex. I put a 1" Hacksaw and Curve's on before ever riding it. I was always suprised at how many people complained about theirs, and setting it up. I figured I was just not realizing how bad it was. But then again I would have no trouble keeping up with anyone.

Back