• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

just a thought to enhance performance and run cooler

There already is a air temp sensor.
GOOD POINT. Where is the Air Intake Temp sensor? Is it after intercooler? If anyone can check intake air temp before & after ice-buildup, we'll know how much of a power robbing concern there is here...

GOOD POINT. Where is the Air Intake Temp sensor? Is it after intercooler? If anyone can check intake air temp before & after ice-buildup, we'll know how much of a power robbing concern there is here...
It is after. The air the engine ingests is what matters. On my race car in warm temps I see 100 degree drop across the inercooler. You know ambient so just look at iat.

Forgot about that ...good point...you have a valuable tuning/running tool

Last edited:
My question or theory is, even if the intercooler is filled with snow or ice, would it still cool air. Basic physics tells us that if the intercooler is iced up, then the ice/snow will transfer it's temp, about 32ish or lower, to the fins then will still cool the air. Maybe not as good as free flowing intercooler, but will it rob us of huge power. I'm not that concerned because i feel this sled will make me very happy, BUT if my intercooler is clogged & we find it robs us of power then maybe that's the moment to not race/get spanked by average Joe...just curious for general knowledge in my clogged up head...

My question or theory is, even if the intercooler is filled with snow or ice, would it still cool air. Basic physics tells us that if the intercooler is iced up, then the ice/snow will transfer it's temp, about 32ish or lower, to the fins then will still cool the air. Maybe not as good as free flowing intercooler, but will it rob us of huge power. I'm not that concerned because i feel this sled will make me very happy, BUT if my intercooler is clogged & we find it robs us of power then maybe that's the moment to not race/get spanked by average Joe...just curious for general knowledge in my clogged up head...
Your OCD is showing! LOL

Clearly a block of ice/snow is going to restrict airflow. Being cold isnt helping with no or restricted airflow. Should we be thinking of making a frog skin cover outside of the fins for snow to deflect and eliminate the crevices for it to collect?

OSP, Hurricane, Ulmer...anybody reading this thread? Could be a $ situation here boys...

I'm sure they are doing what most normal people are doing..holiday and kids..not us ocd guys

To me Fluid film is a bit "goopy" and not something I would want to use on a heat exchanger. Something more like Pam or maybe Camp dry (not sure it would stick to the metal, or basically a silicone spray

On my motocross bikes and on my current WR450 I used a silicone spray lubricant on the whole bike,,, under fenders, front of motor, radiators ect and had very little mud collect on those messy rides. Plus it keeps the equipment looking new for years. I have also been using it on my sleds over the years on the skid and front suspension and again very little snow packs and stays on the sled. PB blaster now makes a spray silicone/ lubricant that works great.... spray it on and just wipe the excess off. Hope this helps.

I removed the screen in the front of the intercooler , not good for rock and ice to hit the intercooler but I'm sure the heat in the intercooler will help to melt the snow, I have to test it Wednesday and let you no if good.

Just have to remove the screw under the loover in front of intercooler and remove the screen and it's done .

Back