• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just wanted to share this for the guys doing a header install for the first time

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
When you are removing the stock exhaust manifold you will need either a 12mm (preferably 12 point) 1/4 drive flex socket to remove the lower center pipe flange bolt.
If you don't have one you can grind down a 12mm 12 point wrench to fit see pics

20201017_135918.jpg
20201017_135925.jpg

very smart to grind away wrench, I never would have thought of that..thanks for sharing and teaching. Joe

When you are removing the stock exhaust manifold you will need either a 12mm (preferably 12 point) 1/4 drive flex socket to remove the lower center pipe flange bolt.
If you don't have one you can grind down a 12mm 12 point wrench to fit see pics

View attachment 156711 View attachment 156710

Great idea, as it is hard to get to. I removed secondary clutch, slid my hand under jackshaft, and put wrench from underneath.

Great idea, as it is hard to get to. I removed secondary clutch, slid my hand under jackshaft, and put wrench from underneath.
Holly crap...lol you must have small hands??
I looked at mine today while installing closed loop and there is no way my gorilla hands would fit in there!!:D

Holly crap...lol you must have small hands??
I looked at mine today while installing closed loop and there is no way my gorilla hands would fit in there!!:D

Haha...you cant do it with mittens on...that's for sure!!

Hahaha!!that's what Joe is for:D
nobody wants me wrenching on their sled..trust me on that...the only tools this guy uses is a 10" French knife and a potato peeler..I leave such a complicated piece of machinery to those who know what their doing and I really appreciate what you guys are doing on this site and to your mechanical talents...I do learn allot here. Joe

nobody wants me wrenching on their sled..trust me on that...the only tools this guy uses is a 10" French knife and a potato peeler..I leave such a complicated piece of machinery to those who know what their doing and I really appreciate what you guys are doing on this site and to your mechanical talents...I do learn allot here. Joe
Not you!! Hahahaha:rofl:
Hammer70 's nephew Joe

Not you!! Hahahaha:rofl:
Hammer70 's nephew Joe
Ok, Massey Ontario is quite a way off from Blackstone Massachusetts lol Long way to travel for a hack job ;)!:dunno:

Back