• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kids grip that is install under fuel cap???

fx10mtx

Extreme
Hey guy's! I've seen on this site a picture of a Nytro XTX that has a kind of handle that was install under the fuel cap so a kid can grab it when sitting in front of the driver... Not able to find this picture again?
Anyone knows where i could get this? To me, it seems that you unscrew the fuel cap, put that handle in beetween the fuel tank goose neck and then screw fuel cap back in place? Thank's ;)!

Seems dangerous, get a mountain strap and just rotate it downward so they can reach it.

stopdropanroll said:
LJ 452 said:
Seems dangerous, get a mountain strap and just rotate it downward so they can reach it.

X2, if it pops the cap off then your kids going to be drenched in fuel!

X3, mountain strap that's what I did for my little ones. Work great and when they are not along I move it up.

My brother got his from Royal Distributing. It's on page 281 of the online catalog. It works well.

I would think a mountain strap would work better, both fit wise and for passenger comfort.

My kid love the mountain strap on the Mach Z years back ~ only draw back was the guys used to call it my teething ring...

Grimm said:
My brother got his from Royal Distributing. It's on page 281 of the online catalog. It works well.

I would think a mountain strap would work better, both fit wise and for passenger comfort.

That's the one i was looking for, thank's. But also likes the idea of a mountain strap. Thank's everyone :Rockon:

I have the handle you are talking about. I used it for years with my rev and it worked great but it looks like it is going to work even better with the nytro.

Anyone who thinks this handle is dangerous just simply hasn't seen one on a sled. I can stand on my sled and pull on the thing and will not pop the cap off. How a child sitting in front of you is going to pull this thing off is beyond me.

I don't have a problem with a mountain strap it works fine (I have both) I just prefer my co-pilot holds on to something that isn't moving back and forth.

revster said:
I have the handle you are talking about. I used it for years with my rev and it worked great but it looks like it is going to work even better with the nytro.

Anyone who thinks this handle is dangerous just simply hasn't seen one on a sled. I can stand on my sled and pull on the thing and will not pop the cap off. How a child sitting in front of you is going to pull this thing off is beyond me.

I don't have a problem with a mountain strap it works fine (I have both) I just prefer my co-pilot holds on to something that isn't moving back and forth.

This is what i also think. Mountain strap is a great idea but it is fix to the steering, meens movement from the co-pilot is necessary while turning compared to the other model wich is fix to the fuel cap...

My concern wasn't so much the cap popping off, as that is unlikely. I think they have to be capable of withstanding tremendous loads, imagine the hydraulic effect of the fuel sloshing up/down. Anyway my concern was more about the abrasion on the neck of the tank; thus reducing the durability. But if others have used and no issues it may be a good item. Plus if the rubberized coating is on the whole thing I guess it would be fine. As for the kids having to move a little, that may not necessarily be all bad, it keeps them awake, and they can even think their controlling the sled. Gives them the concept of steering, and how it’s done. I can see how the Nytro may have the bars too far forward though. Whatever works.

Back