• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kinda wrecked my sled today!!

bigtim44

Well I was out riding today and launched off a nice roller....would have been a nice jump if I'd landed it, the sled pitched sideways and put me on the handlebars then launched me off into the powder.The throttle ended up jammed wide open and my sled had a 200 yd run up into the trees at full throttle by itself.
Needless to say my sled is F**ked.When my sled went into the trees by itself it bounced off 2 trees with the right ski,then hooked a tree good and square with the left ski.
All the A-arms are trashed ,the shocks are toast,the front bulkhead is shattered,oh and the right ski is taco'd.
All I could do is watch as it disappeared into the trees :die
Oh well.
I'll post some carnage pics tomorrow ;)!

If you fix it there is A-arms on e-bay right now and I have a brand new bulkhead for sale. The bulkhead is complete, both sides. 450.00 plus shipping. Eric

Ahhhhh dude that sucks! I've had nightmares about that happening. I've thought many times about installing a tether and never have. Would've saved it! Well........anytime anything like that happens to me I just look at it as a good time to get a new one, or make it better than it was before! It'll all be a good story in time, after the pain is gone! Good luck.

Aaron

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that!

If it makes you feel any better................I watched my MSRX take off without me at WOT after I disabled the TORS (like a dumb #*$&@) because I had some throttle issues turning after installing a bar riser.
Yes, I still remember the helpless feeling watching and listening as my pride and joy bounced tree to tree, hit a telephone pole guy wire, flipped on its back and screamed at WOT only to flip back on the track and hook up hard and hit a tree dead on once it hit top speed. The sight of the impact and the way the engine continued to scream (minus the pipes that had blown off) and watching the sled dig through the snow down into the dirt before I ran up and hit the kill switch are all etched in my mind forever.

Hey, Yamaha introduces the 08 sleds in couple weeks. I guess your best option is to make the most of bad situation.

Again, I'm truly sorry to hear about this.

Frosty

PS: If you decide to part the sled out I'd love to buy your headlight mask.

Decided to unbolt all the damaged parts from my sled today,here's what I found,not good but it is repairable.Here's the damage pics as promised.water pump inner and outer housing is busted,the pan and chassis side rails are going to need some massaging.most of the steering parts are tweaked.

Attachments

• wreckedsled 011 (Small).jpg
    wreckedsled 011 (Small).jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 70
  • wreckedsled 012 (Small).jpg
    wreckedsled 012 (Small).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 79
  • wreckedsled 013 (Small).jpg
    wreckedsled 013 (Small).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 63
I feel your pain :o|

Last year I hit a rail that was frozen in the ground on a 45 degree angle and what seemed to be about $1000 has turned into about $1700 so far and it doesn't look like I'll be riding this year.

That really sucks!! If you do rebuild I have 03 stock a-arms and shocks make me a offer that
will offset my new 1's save you some money I'll ship USPS priority mail just what shipping is no
rip off. I will give you a good deal. They are silver
1's. Includes tie rods and sway bar and links less 1200 miles. :exc:

parts

I've got a complete steering and inner, outer tierods for mountain sled for sale. Also have left bulkhead, front clip and a pair of skis. All priced to sell.

He must not want our parts? Or maybe he decided not to fix it. Eric

Thanks for all the support and help guys.
I bought that bulkhead that was on ebay,I had already bought a spare set of arms from'RX3/4 ton' for 'just in case' and they had arrived on the friday before I wrecked my sled,I ordered up the water pump housings and the new oil cooler housing$$ from Yamaha today(ouch!).'Coldwater' had sold me a set of spare shocks a couple of weeks ago.So my sled is on it's way to being fixed.I still have to pull the motor,so I can change out the broken water pump housings.Then 'hammer and dolly ' the belly pan and the chassis horns back to where they should be ,then I can bolt up and rivet the fresh bulkhead when it arrives.
Cheers :drink:
Tim ;)!
By the way :rocks:

you could switch the whole front end to a n apex someone had a everything for 300.00 in the classafieds.

Back