• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kingers BOOSTED garage....

Here are some of the gauge pod mocked up and ready to be installed. I do have covers for the back of the gauges so it hides all the wires and offers some protection and of course cleans everything up.

The rox hand guards with the cold inserts look awesome I think!

I had to mock up the tunnel sides, I need to get that dang sticker off behind the logo but I think it looks awesome. The boards themselves will get a truck bed spray can treatment so they should look good and last a long time.

Attachments

• tunnel side.jpg
    tunnel side.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 210
  • tunnel side_1.jpg
    tunnel side_1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 208
  • custom handgaurds.jpg
    custom handgaurds.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 228
  • custom handgaurds close.jpg
    custom handgaurds close.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 223
  • gauge pod done_2.jpg
    gauge pod done_2.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 193
  • gauge pod done_1.jpg
    gauge pod done_1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 211
  • gauge pod done.jpg
    gauge pod done.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 207
Thanks man! I am excited to get this done! Going to look killer I hope!

There is a show on Nov 20th I want to enter this into and see if I can win, hope I can get it done by then!

Read through the thread a page back, its a thin pc of aluminum cut out on a water jet then sent to H2O graphics for the water graphic application. Looks freakn sick, they did a nice job. This will cover up any holes, rivets, etc and give a clean look and easily removable if I had to remove it someday.

Kinger I need to ship my sled to you to get it water dipped -lol. The color and pices you have fabricated takes it over the top. This sled deserves first price. Best looking apex ever. Keep up the good work:)

WOW is all I can say. Great sled great thread and I bet it is FUN to see, ride and talk about. Fun for the whole family for the whole year.

Great work

Yamadoo

UPDATE: Finishing up the gauge pod

Today I got to work on solving the dillema of how to hide the back of the gauges, if you look on the internet all the gauges hanging off the bars have exposed rear where all the wires were. I wanted to clean it up a bit so I started with 3 of these prosport mounting cups only because they were cheap:

http://prosportgauges.com/52mm-2-1-16-mounting-cup.aspx

I wasnt planning on using any of the mounting tabs just the covers to hide everything.

Here is the gauge pod all mounted up you can see the interference I made this pod a little snug :o|

gaugesmounted.jpg

Although its tight it barely fits on the bars without running into the throttle cable and brake line so it needs to be this snug. No worries I can modifiy the cups to fit on the gauges. Here they are marked up and ready to cut:

markingforthecut.jpg

Once I had the line I used a sharp razor and made my first cut:

Cutcompleted.jpg

A test fit reveals it works perfect!

testfitworks.jpg

This will work good and the pods will fit so tight together that you will never see the cuts in the end

Here is the side profile all done:

finallooktabswillbecutoff.jpg

You can see the mounting tabs after I did this one I decided this will be my middle pod and the outer ones will have the slot on the inside and it will remove the tab on the cups so its a nice smooth black case for the gauges. A zip tie will secure the cups to the gauge and be almost invisible since I'm using black zip ties.

This should finish up the gauges nicely. :Rockon:

Awesome work Kinger, sled looks great ;)!

Kinger -

Run both lights, one is a spot and the other is a flood! No issues with on coming traffic - they should be wired to run on or off using the headlight switch!

Did the spindles make it ok? Get them installed yet - cannot wait to see it completed!

Looking Good!

LOL I would be lying if I didn't think about it ha ha

I will do the little aluminun plates on the side someday :)

I really wanted aluminum wheels on the outside adn then dip them, but they are so covered with snow during the winter it would only look good on a photo shoot.

A dipped intercooler may get on the list one year LOl jk

Back