• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kink in boost line?

WhistlerCowboy

Veteran
Website
www.cowboypowdercoating.com
Darko warned me about the tubing coming out of the boost gauge that could kink as it was not very flexible.Well sure enough i found a kink just below the gauge.Alpine has some tubing that will solve the problem---won't get there for a week unfortunately.Can i just cut out the portion of the line and hook it back into the gauge?I'm new to the turbo world and i'm not sure if that has any affect on the gauge itself?

Yes you can. You will have to work a little bit to get the brass fitting off the plastic line, but it will come off.

hope this isnt a dumb question what made notice a kink in the line , (i guessing your eyes but maybe not ) running different or what

WhistlerCowboy said:
Darko warned me about the tubing coming out of the boost gauge that could kink as it was not very flexible.Well sure enough i found a kink just below the gauge.Alpine has some tubing that will solve the problem---won't get there for a week unfortunately.Can i just cut out the portion of the line and hook it back into the gauge?I'm new to the turbo world and i'm not sure if that has any affect on the gauge itself?

There is a much better quality nylon 1/8" (better than what the gauge mfrs ship) line available from most places that sell fittings etc. for air brakes. Costs a few cents/ft. They'll also have the brass comresion fittings.

Throw the garbage away that comes with the gauge and go to a truck parts store and buy a few feet of their 1/8 air line, it is designed for low temp use for transmission air lines etc. End of problem and cheap. Just told my son the same thing 5 min ago as he was mounting his gauge.

i didnt even use the nylon tubing because i thought this would happen. my gauge came with a brass barbed fitting. i used rubber vacuum tubing from the local napa store zip tied and good to go.no chance of kinking.

Back