• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Last chance qualifier!!

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Temps in the 40's this week. Looking at brg, race, caliper. Is there any visual concerns that you guys see? Race is frozen on axle. Grease and slap back together? Bearing slips over race easily.
Thoughts as to what I should do?!?!
How do things look? I can get more pics if needed.

IMG_20221226_102356552_copy_2048x1536_1.jpg
IMG_20221226_102429630_copy_2048x1536.jpg
IMG_20221226_102606310_copy_1536x2048.jpg

Last edited:

It looks like you got that all apart with the expander in place.

If the shaft cleaned up, you might be able to use one of Travis's new bearing kits.

Best way to remove bearing from caliper?
Who's brake rotor are you guys using?

Brake rotor, bearing , driveshaft.
I agree...I would replace it all. Then install BOPs driveshaft saver with the new parts
If you decide to reuse shaft BOPs has a new bearing kit for salvaging driveshafts
The stock OEM brake rotor on my 2019 XTX-LE is of the light weight design and it should fit yours.

I agree...I would replace it all. Then install BOPs driveshaft saver with the new parts
If you decide to reuse shaft BOPs has a new bearing kit for salvaging driveshafts
The stock OEM brake rotor on my 2019 XTX-LE is of the light weight design and it should fit yours.
I'm on it. Left a message with Travis on the drive shaft solution kit.
Let me know what you got to get for rotor?
Very happy i decided to take a last minute peek at things. Even though I don't know what I'm looking for, you guys do.

Let's do this, Bob!

Last edited:
I'm on it. Left a message with Travis on the drive shaft solution kit.
Let me know what you got to get for rotor?
Very happy i decided to take a last minute peek at things. Even though I don't know what I'm looking for, you guys do.

Let's do this, Bob!
I wasn't selling my rotor...lol...it still on the sled...I was just pointing out that Yamaha sells a light weight drilled rotors that came on the 2019 X-TX LE as well as the SRXs so you don't have to buy after market.
Sorry for confusion.
I do have all the spare parts required to replace my complete axle assembly and all the misc components including brakes so I wouldn't have to wait for parts if needed but those parts are not for sale.

I wasn't selling my rotor...lol...it still on the sled...I was just pointing out that Yamaha sells a light weight drilled rotors that came on the 2019 X-TX LE as well as the SRXs so you don't have to buy after market.
Sorry for confusion.
I do have all the spare parts required to replace my complete axle assembly and all the misc components including brakes so I wouldn't have to wait for parts if needed but those parts are not for sale.
Lol.....all is good. I like the idea of having parts ready to go. Especially with the shortages crap.
Looking at pic, what's wrong with my rotor? Don't know exactly what I'm looking at?
I'll get one on order......joe

I see the replacement lightweight rotor for a 19 up is $145.
The aftermarket sells their super light for $125.

Is one better than the other?

Back