• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Last chance qualifier!!

You will have to split the caliper to install the new BOP bearing. Once the caliper is on the bench the bearing can be pressed out easily or hit the bearing with a hammer and drive it out. Reverse procedure to install
I would use the new BOP bearing, reuse the rotor and run it.
I have used the drilled and lightweight rotors on a few Procross sleds and cant honestly see any difference. I left the stock rotor on my 2022 LTX

You will have to split the caliper to install the new BOP bearing. Once the caliper is on the bench the bearing can be pressed out easily or hit the bearing with a hammer and drive it out. Reverse procedure to install
I have used the drilled and lightweight rotors on a few Procross sleds and cant honestly see any difference. I left the stock rotor on my 2022 LTX
Hey stain, I updated my last post to include dimensions of bearing and shaft. Can you tell me which one's more worn. I'd like to just install a bearing if possible.

Hey stain, I updated my last post to include dimensions of bearing and shaft. Can you tell me which one's more worn. I'd like to just install a bearing if possible.
Without even looking at the numbers I would guess the shaft. Those bearings are hard. I don't believe the inner race wears, it chews the shaft out.
I think the stock bearing is 45mm inner dimension. Your bearing seems to have minimal wear.
The new BOP bearing will grab the inner part of the shaft that is previously unused

Without even looking at the numbers I would guess the shaft. Those bearings are hard. I don't believe the inner race wears, it chews the shaft out.
I think the stock bearing is 45mm inner dimension. Your bearing seems to have minimal wear.
The new BOP bearing will grab the inner part of the shaft that is previously unused
I understand. I think the bop solution is very viable. Yet when I introduce the maintenance to said bearing, in the end it will be more problematic.

If you are correct my inner bearing is worn .077 from new.
So basically I'm at .010 of clearance, if I get a new bearing.
Would setting the wedge at 45-55ft lbs make up the difference?

I introduce the maintenance to said bearing, in the end it will be more problematic.
not sure I follow here
If you are correct my inner bearing is worn .077 from new
I would say the bearing has minimal wear, the shaft is worn beyond what the wedge can make up for.
a new stock bearing and wedge would not fix your problem IMHO with that shaft.
I think your options are as follows---
a new shaft, bearing and wedge, OR BOP bearing
a welded shaft, new bearing, wedge
a welded and pinned shaft/bearing combo
BOP bearing on old shaft

I installed the BOP bearing on my new 2022 LTX with zero miles.

not sure I follow here

I would say the bearing has minimal wear, the shaft is worn beyond what the wedge can make up for.
a new stock bearing and wedge would not fix your problem IMHO with that shaft.
I think your options are as follows---
a new shaft, bearing and wedge, OR BOP bearing
a welded shaft, new bearing, wedge
a welded and pinned shaft/bearing combo
BOP bearing on old shaft

I installed the BOP bearing on my new 2022 LTX with zero miles.
It didn't hurt to ask. Ty for that explanation.

If you are correct my inner bearing is worn .077 from new.
So basically I'm at .010 of clearance, if I get a new bearing.
Would setting the wedge at 45-55ft lbs make up the difference?
New bearing is 45 mm = 1.77165". Your measurement is 1.7695? This means it's smaller than new one? Hmmm? If it's worn, it would be bigger than new.
Shaft is 1.7525" per your measurement.
Even with a new bearing you would have .01915" clearance = TOO much to work with either BOP solution. You could try his new one with the extended collar but I have my doubts.

New bearing is 45 mm = 1.77165". Your measurement is 1.7695? This means it's smaller than new one? Hmmm? If it's worn, it would be bigger than new.
Shaft is 1.7525" per your measurement.
Even with a new bearing you would have .01915" clearance = TOO much to work with either BOP solution. You could try his new one with the extended collar but I have my doubts.
I measured bearing while it was warm after extracting it from the housing.
I stand corrected.

Bearing 44.99mm
Shaft is tapered
end of shaft 44.52mm
Tunnel side 44.92mm

Whats the best way to bleed the caliper, or where is a link?
Thanks.

Whats the best way to bleed the caliper, or where is a link?
Thanks.
I found that forcing brake fluid through the caliper bleeding screw, and then the regular way,with filling reservoir to fill mark afterwards, saves time and headaches!

Brake bleeding kit is best, but just a lever actuated oil can with added tubing also works for me!

I found that forcing brake fluid through the caliper bleeding screw, and then the regular way,with filling reservoir to fill mark afterwards, saves time and headaches!

Brake bleeding kit is best, but just a lever actuated oil can with added tubing also works for me!
Thanks!

Motorhead is correct. Back filling reservoir from the bottom bleeder using lever actuated oil can filled with brake fluid is by far the best method.

Motorhead is correct. Back filling reservoir from the bottom bleeder using lever actuated oil can filled with brake fluid is by far the best method.
Sounds like a plan. If and when I install Travis' new bearing and sleeve. At 4000 or so miles the axle still has all my prick punches,so hasnt been much spinning.

Yes, I own a mighty set-up,Whatever...the $3.00 syringe works better. Suck the master dry. Fill the syringe & attached tube with brake fluid, attach to bleeder and send it until master is full. Once you see fluid coming up, give the brake lever a couple of light taps during the fill process.

IMG_20221228_170506907_copy_1536x2048.jpg

Back