• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking at a tuned sidewinder with 5k plus miles

WootTootViper

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper MPI turbo, taller gearing, Ulmer clutch and tuning.
Hey I’m looking at a 17 ltx winder with the CAI, BOV, exhaust and 3 position tune.... 220,270,290. I know the bearings, top gear and suspension needs Serviced. I’m worried about the drive shaft. Will that level of tune out any stress on the motor? What else should I keep an eye on?

That's a 153" and OP was looking at a 137". Nice deal but might be too long.

I have a 2017 ltx se that I bought in March 2017 Put a tune in at 1800 miles. Shredded a few belts on my way to 8200 miles.lots of changes to the clutching to where I am now.
Hurricane tritune closed loop finally
Apex primary
Stock primary spring
Dalton dtay’s at 76.6
New B/O secondary spring @6-3
33/35
Good on belts now
The jackshaft bearing went out on it at 7600 miles. Just replaced it to finish season off. Changed all the bearings before snow flew this fall. The other three were still 100% changed them any how. The drive shaft bearing had spun a bit even though I got a wedgy around 6k
Welded the shaft. Top gear was almost like new
Changed out our gearing to 24/50 just to try. Think I’m going back to stock have 900 miles on gears and one belt. So I’m at 9100 miles and the only problem I’ve had is the one bearing and drive shaft very impressed. Thing is a rocket ship. I plan on running it for a very long time.

So short answer don’t be scared of 5000 miles. A buddy asked me the other day how long am I going to run it? I told I’m it’s just broken in!

The 2017's came with 5 years of warranty. drop it off at the dealer for a new shaft

I have a 2017 ltx se that I bought in March 2017 Put a tune in at 1800 miles. Shredded a few belts on my way to 8200 miles.lots of changes to the clutching to where I am now.
Hurricane tritune closed loop finally
Apex primary
Stock primary spring
Dalton dtay’s at 76.6
New B/O secondary spring @6-3
33/35
Good on belts now
The jackshaft bearing went out on it at 7600 miles. Just replaced it to finish season off. Changed all the bearings before snow flew this fall. The other three were still 100% changed them any how. The drive shaft bearing had spun a bit even though I got a wedgy around 6k
Welded the shaft. Top gear was almost like new
Changed out our gearing to 24/50 just to try. Think I’m going back to stock have 900 miles on gears and one belt. So I’m at 9100 miles and the only problem I’ve had is the one bearing and drive shaft very impressed. Thing is a rocket ship. I plan on running it for a very long time.

So short answer don’t be scared of 5000 miles. A buddy asked me the other day how long am I going to run it? I told I’m it’s just broken in!
I had a mpi viper with 6k hard miles. Had to do all the bearings and suspension and what not. Just tired of pouring money into sleds.

Is it an LTX LE? Pretty sure the only way to get the LE was a snow-check

Is it an LTX LE? Pretty sure the only way to get the LE was a snow-check
It’s the red and white with the qs3... I think it’s the LE but I’m not sure. I don’t want to bother the guy until I get my insurance cash from my viper I totaled.

My 17 LE (I bought used) the warranty expired 11/19. So only 3yrs on mine

The way uses sleds are selling this year I’d get on it asap if your interested and it’s what you want. Curious what there asking for it. I bought the wife a 2019 last spring with 2500 miles on it for 11500$ I thought that was a steal

Yes I bought my 2017 LTX-LE thru the Spring Surge program. That was the only way to buy an LE back then, besides a few other maybe methods. Came with factory 3 year warranty but dealer would only sell them with extra 2 year warranty for not much added money added into his final pricing. Smart dealer..

The way uses sleds are selling this year I’d get on it asap if your interested and it’s what you want. Curious what there asking for it. I bought the wife a 2019 last spring with 2500 miles on it for 11500$ I thought that was a steal
Steal for sure

Hey I’m looking at a 17 ltx winder with the CAI, BOV, exhaust and 3 position tune.... 220,270,290. I know the bearings, top gear and suspension needs Serviced. I’m worried about the drive shaft. Will that level of tune out any stress on the motor? What else should I keep an eye on?
I have a 17 ltx se with 5500 miles . Been 240 tuned since day 1. Updated last year to a240ss tune. This year had to put new driveshaft and bearing and top gear. Other then regular maintenance and skid bearings no issues at all

Back