• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

looking for info

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 rtx se
2011 apex xtx
say I were to install a water temp gauge on a 2011 apex xtx....and I screwed the probe into the thermostat housing where the temp light switch is..... well it work....or well it cause the engine light to come on or give code of some sort

say I were to install a water temp gauge on a 2011 apex xtx....and I screwed the probe into the thermostat housing where the temp light switch is..... well it work....or well it cause the engine light to come on or give code of some sort

Tap a new port in that area?

If you could tap a new port in there, sure. You wouldn't want to remove the stock one. It's not just an idiot light switch. It's a temp sensor used for the ECU which controls fuelling and will also shut down your engine if it does overheat.

If you could tap a new port in there, sure. You wouldn't want to remove the stock one. It's not just an idiot light switch. It's a temp sensor used for the ECU which controls fuelling and will also shut down your engine if it does overheat.
......that's what I was thinking....

I think Ulmer has a nice little aluminum hose adapter where you cut the hose and insert this into it hose clamp each side, then screw in your temp sensor for your gauge. Works great!

Are you aware that you can pull up the water temp through diagnostics?

Even on an 06 apex GT? And how do you do that?
Hold reset and select while turning key on(kill must be on).
Do not let go until dash changes.
Press again and hold for a few seconds until dash changes again.
Using the select button, repeatedly press until diagnostic mode 06 is shown, which will be coolant temp.

This isn't displayed with engine running while riding however. It would just be something you could check periodically.

Back