• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX Suspension settings only

Removing the blocks, all bets out the window. Unless all you are looking for is having the skis come up in the air. You are defeating the purpose of the suspension. You all measured from where and what points. I am not sure where other manufacturers are measuring from from. But Yamaha has always measured sag within the suspension. You don't measure where ever you feel is correct.

With the blocks removed it allows for more transfer but only gains a 1/8" at most compared to full transfer on the blocks. The skis do not come up in the air whatsoever..with the blocks in the sled did not get traction. I measured from the transfer arm to the flat spot on the shaft where the plastic blocks normally are. The shaft is still in place. Torsion springs on soft

Funny guys were putting bigger adjustable blocks in the Nytros and we are removing them all together on the Viper. I put blocks in my Nytro out of my 06 Fusion just to try to help keep the front end down and help it's handling, it helped the handling more than the wheelies. I bought a new pair to put back in the fusion, they were a great addition.

Thumper1 said:
getting revalved rear shocks from hygear tomorrow. will take for test ride tomorrow night. got axis shocks on front yesterday. i am keeping the stock springs for now and will see what revalve does. when i took the rear shocks out, and used the springs only, i got 4+ inches of sag easy. we'll see what it feels like tomorrow. anything is going to be better than it was. yes, we have a Rmotion in our group. thats how a rear suspension is susposed to stroke!

If this is the case then the shock is really affecting the sag alot. I will take mine out and try same if it does same then I will play with the Nitrogen pressures. Should not affect like that.

The LTX SE rear shocks must be coming with different setups (assuming they come out of the box with the shocks installed or ready to install). My wife has one, and for her initial rear spring preload I set both blocks to position 2 as a starting point. After first ride she said she was getting bounced off the seat quite a bit. Before 2nd ride I backed one side down to position 1 (left other side on position 2) and she said it was a very noticeable improvement and it rode great on moderate chop, quite comfortable, yet still hasn't bottomed it out yet and we rode some really bad moguls too. Only 150 miles on it so far so the suspension is still breaking in, but before our next ride I am going to back the other block back to position 1 so that it will have minimum preload. I haven't touched the front track shock preload nor limiter strap. She thinks she bottomed the front suspension & kind of pulled to one side so I need to check the pressure in the ski shocks.

The shock and the springs are interrelated. Both work together. But there has to be a starting point with spring set up to the correct sag and then you look at your compression and rebound of the shock. The SE packages have tended to be stiffer on the shock valving vs the Std model valving. Springs will take a set after some riding. A new spring is stiffer than a used one.

:sled1:

Bad Attitude said:
The shock and the springs are interrelated. Both work together. But there has to be a starting point with spring set up to the correct sag and then you look at your compression and rebound of the shock. The SE packages have tended to be stiffer on the shock valving vs the Std model valving. Springs will take a set after some riding. A new spring is stiffer than a used one.

:sled1:

Well that explains it then... I have a base model LTX and I have a good 2" of sag and I'm 225 dressed and it feels pretty good... It can be a little bouncy in some bumps (only when seated) so I wish there were rebound adjusters for the rear skid so I could slow that down a tad.

i removed my blocks trying to get more transfer . with the blocks it just seems like not enough weight on the track.
removing the blocks helped. But i started to bottom out the fts on minor hits. the fts is 3/4 the way up so its set pretty high.
hard to believe that such a small amount of plastic on #1 can make that bottom out.
I will be putting the blocks back in and looking to find out what to do that way.
I'm also surprised that with so many people taking them out that i am the only one who brings this up..
?

mine is a ltx se

You are the only LTX rider bringing it up. Its the cold and Powder conditions. Once trails setup will be different. Once people get the right sag and small bump plushness they will start bottoming. I bottomed my center shock right away with spring turned soft.

We have found the LTX SE to be extremely effected by the pre load on the center track shock, even 2 turns up or down from the ideal location and it completely changes the entire handling of the sled. I find the LTX to be extremely stiff, even on the lowest spring setting, a linq fuel can hanging at the back of the tunnel and a linq tunnel bag full of stuff, myself at 220 geared up and the thing doesn't even move when I get on it. My renegade sags a couple inches at least with the springs on #3. I find the ltx to buck you off the seat all the time, it never feels like its soaking up the bumps it takes them and doesn't bottom but feels like a snow x sled to me. Fronts at 65 psi seems to be the magic number.

TurboJamie said:
We have found the LTX SE to be extremely effected by the pre load on the center track shock, even 2 turns up or down from the ideal location and it completely changes the entire handling of the sled. I find the LTX to be extremely stiff, even on the lowest spring setting, a linq fuel can hanging at the back of the tunnel and a linq tunnel bag full of stuff, myself at 220 geared up and the thing doesn't even move when I get on it. My renegade sags a couple inches at least with the springs on #3. I find the ltx to buck you off the seat all the time, it never feels like its soaking up the bumps it takes them and doesn't bottom but feels like a snow x sled to me. Fronts at 65 psi seems to be the magic number.

i have my front shocks at 125 lbs,fts turned up at 3/4 area. blocks on one and tors spring on 3. strap set at stock.
i do not run a sway bar. seems like i dont get much weight on the track.

Back