• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MANY PICS 2011 and video

I don't know where that 180 HP stock R1 is at? My 06 dynoed at 150 with just A&R race baffles (slip-ons) the new 09/10 R1's are even less at 146. This is at the rear wheel not the crank so maybe that's where the difference is?
Can Yamaha make a 180 HP 4 holer most certainly and lets hope they did.

2011apexside.jpg

2011apexrear.jpg

2011apexfront-1.jpg

Mike

The 2011's were at Old Forge last Saturday. This is the latest that I saw - reminder I am not a mechanic but these are my impressions. The biggest thing is POWER STEERING. This makes the sled very easy to handle. My wife found it very easy to turn (she rides an 06 Apex ER) - reminder the sled must be moving - no matter how slow - the power steering works. The ski's were changed and the handling seemed to be improved. The engine is a 4 cylinder (99% sure of that). It has a very easy pull which makes it very smooth to back it up. The track is 128" and it looks like a different tunnel. There is a change in the instrument pod - might be an outside temp gauge. The front of the machine is a little different - but it defintely had the Apex "look". We could NOT bring them on the trails but we did ride them around the parking lot. The final impression was it was a great machine. I guess only time will tell.

Back