• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mc-xpress 2004 turbo kit

Jason: From past post you are very touchy about your opinions and or products. You sure like to be critical of people and piss them off, so you should expect plenty in return.

Just my observation :wink:

If I was critical of you I would say I take offense that you use this site to link to your smutt pages. :evil:

Sorry I stooped so low to to comment.

Sketr2

Sketr2: That's not my site. I found it and put it up as a joke. But I see your not smart enough to figure that one out. I'm not critical of anyones products. If you can find a post on this site were I rip a competitor product I'll kiss your #*$&@.

One more thing I could care less about peoples opionions on this or any other board. However I will not have lies spread about me or the products I represent. The same stands for for freinds products. I will not stand by and watch people that have no clue on how to tune a product rip it.

Sketr2: You are like many people in this world that make me laugh. If you look at the content of all my posts you'll find that I don't care what people do in this world. You on the other hand are like many people that want to control what others say and do.

My orginal post of LOL to Rays post wasn't to make him made. I found the comment of little to no lag funny based on my turbo experinces. He took offence. I said sorry that's that. What did I say in that post that was bad? Better yet why do you care?

I see posts everyday that I could complain about or Cry to Mr sled to have removed. Do I do that?No I most certainly don't. I rember you ripping Heavy Hitters pretty bad a couple months ago. I hear there working pretty good for you now. I have been running them for years and I could have got involed and called you out on that post but I didn't!!!

hate to tell everyone this but if you are into drag racing both turbo kits have lag. I have a bender turbo and I admit it has lag no matter how minimal, just a fact, no turbo makes max boost at the snap of the throttle.

TURBO TIME said:
hate to tell everyone this but if you are into drag racing both turbo kits have lag. I have a bender turbo and I admit it has lag no matter how minimal, just a fact, no turbo makes max boost at the snap of the throttle.

I can agree with that. When you say "both" what is the second one you are referring to? The new MC one? The old MC one? Some other?

I am refering to all turbos, wherever they are mounted, some will lag less than others, but all have some lag. Heat is what drives a turbo, and there is just not enough heat created when sitting still with the motor not loaded to have instant throttle responce. if you were to pull the primary clutch off and pegged the throttle 11,000 rpm it would make little to no boost because there is not enough load and therefore not enough heat.

:?: I thought a turbo is driven by the exhaust :?:
Whats the prim clutch got to do with it if its on or off? Isnt the exhaustspeed the same? Or am I totaly lost?

Turbo time is correct, with no load it would make very little boost. Yes the turbo is driven by exhaust, but it is the heat that really does the work.

No a pissing match

TURBO TIME: I hate to tell you this but your wrong. Turbo lag referers to when a Turbo makes boost which is power. The lightning pro Turbo I have boosts at about 4000 rpms. I can make my turbo boost to 5 psi on a warmup stand. So all turbos don't have a lag issue. I'm going to shoot a video of this and post it on the site.

Turbo lag is simply the time elapsed from when you open the throttle until the motor starts seeing meaningful boost pressure. A turbo (or supercharged) motor won't show much boost when it doesn't have a load against it - period. Blow up a baloon and push it around the room, doesn't push back much. Put the baloon against a wall and it is a different story...

jtssrx: so your telling me that with your turbo that if my clutch engages at 5000 rpm I could hold the rpm at 4000 and make 5 psi boost with the sled not moving. I seriously doubt it.

TURBO TIME: When You wrap on my throttle it spikes to 5 pounds and falls back to zero. So you can load the turbo through throttle pulses.I've asked others if there turbo does that and they infaticly say no. My turbo Boosts right out of the hole. THERE IS ZERO LAG. I think it has a lot to do with the turbo being mounted on the intake.

You CAN make boost while sitting still. That is why Grand Nationals that are used for drag racing use stall speeds and trans brakes. Have you every seen a GN getting ready to launch for a 1/4 mile pass? You can easily hear the turbo spooling up. Heat is important for gas velocity but boost will be made even if there is no heat. The boost lag is affected much more by your choice of turbo than heat. Putting the turbo in the back will increase lag but it is so minimal that I believe the advantages out weight the disadvantages.

1) MUCH less heat in the engine compartment.
2) Better air charge cooling.
3) Less front end weight.
4) Eliminates exhaust giving better overall weight savings.
5) Ease of install.
6) Ease of service.
7) No loss of fuel capacity.
8) Eliminating of exhaust will minimize spool time.

Back