• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Midrange flat on winder???

Is that a old paint gun you used to make that ?? Nice… My problem is Iam 230 miles from my home garage where making one no problem, and a hour from a town that would have supplies needed to fab one up so at $36.00 no biggie to order …. Thank You for sharing a pic of yours….
It's a gun to inflate tires

Can I ask what is the best and safest way to prevent the engine from spinning ?
A second person can hold primary against air pressure. If you're doing it alone, then put some kind of a bar into primary and wedge it against belly pan or secondary. You also could pull the larger black plastic plug out of stator end and use a breaker bar on the crankshaft nut there.

No help , so doing it alone and have a large rubber mallet with a wooden skinny handle that I can stick in the primary and will not damage it… Thanks for the reply , great……

Just want to report my finding on inspection of secondary…. After removing stock helix I found it to be rubbing on the outside casting at each tower during shift out… These rub marks are at point of shift where I could feel the sled not shifting proper or slight hesitation, lag or out of balance type feeling which made the sled feel flat … Iam guessing that as the secondary sheave moved over during the shift out it somehow came in contact with the outside edge of the front of the side of helix where there is a raised casting ridge… Rollers look new and all good and start from the top of the ears and roll toward the shaft… Low end up top and top in toward bottom…. The marks were middle of shift ( mid range ) to and toward top end …could this be one of the reasons for flat rollers ??? Or even blowing a belt ….

Just want to report my finding on inspection of secondary…. After removing stock helix I found it to be rubbing on the outside casting at each tower during shift out… These rub marks are at point of shift where I could feel the sled not shifting proper or slight hesitation, lag or out of balance type feeling which made the sled feel flat … Iam guessing that as the secondary sheave moved over during the shift out it somehow came in contact with the outside edge of the front of the side of helix where there is a raised casting ridge… Rollers look new and all good and start from the top of the ears and roll toward the shaft… Low end up top and top in toward bottom…. The marks were middle of shift ( mid range ) to and toward top end …could this be one of the reasons for flat rollers ??? Or even blowing a belt ….
Pics?

Make sure you have help. Never allow engine to rotate backwards (compared to normal rotation on clutch side which is counter clockwise). As you apply air pressure to tester, air pressure will cause engine to want to turn. Make sure it does

8504561E-106C-4D6D-8C4A-926A3AF113E2.jpeg

Back