• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MODS SKIS on a nytro?

natedawgedog

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
something from 2019!
www.modsskis.com

I've been on the search for the last hour or so on ty and google trying to find out if anyone is running this ski on their Nytro and have found nothing, so Im just going to ask...
Is anyone with a yamaha snowmobile ever tried these skis? Ive spent alot of money on skis (curves, arrows and pilot 6.9's) in the last 8 months and for the conditions and my style of riding the pilots have worked the best for me. now I want to try something different. Ive read on other forums that the mods skis work excellent on ski-doos, arctic cats, polaris's and Ive found a couple people that have used them on phazers with great results. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

ps, if the people riding doos are having great results with them after switching out their pilots I would think that since alot of people use pilots on there nytros like me these would work very well also? I may be wrong tho.

yea, untill yesterday I didnt know about them either but then at work a coworker asked me if ive tried mods skis yet... I told him yea ive modded my skis before. he started laughing and showed me the website, and then told me they work night and day better than the pilots on his Rev. thats what got me wondering how they would work on the nytro.

does anybody have any feedback they could share? over on bcr they have nothing but praise for them. one person even said their buddy has a turbo'd nytro with an m10 rear that says they are good on his

MOD Skis

I've had them on my 08 MTX for 2 seasons, going to be the third. Replaced the carbide this summer....they are 7" wide with turned down edges. I like that they are light and carve when boondocking through the trees. I'm currently installing them on the Skinz Concept a-arms and we'll see how well they work with the new suspension.

Attachments

• muffin2.jpg
    muffin2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 97
They look very lightweight. They also look they'd perform very well for boondocking through trees and carving in powder.

Strictly a powder ski tho, right?

Super Sled said:
They look very lightweight. They also look they'd perform very well for boondocking through trees and carving in powder.

Strictly a powder ski tho, right?

from the reviews on other sites I would say it is more for powder riders but it still works very well on trail. zero darting, easier steering, and very little push in the corners. most of the reviews were from cat, poo and doo riders, the only review from a yamaha rider was on his phazer and he said it felt like he had powersteering on his sled with these skis on.

Im not really looking for a trails ski. I am going to have to try them out for a while this winter and then I will give my honest opinion on them once we get some rideable snow.

It looks almost like the old Ski Skins, that went over the Steel Skis.
Just from looking at the pictures, it doesn't look that stout for trail use.

MOD Skis

Works fine on trails and in soft snow. Powder they seem to do OK. I bought them because the looked like the Ekstrom skis that I had on an 85 Ski Doo Formula Plus. In soft or wet snow at lower speeds it carves and turns quick. I needed something to help in side hilling and darting. MOD skis removed the darting. Didn't help with the side hilling........hoping the Skinz Concept S/U works. Other than that- I'd recommend them, they are pretty light. Just a saddle welded onto a flat plate with lightening holes on top of an extruded piece inside and a toe loop to keep the plastic from folding over. I've buried the nose pretty hard a couple time coming off gullies and such, threw me over the bars and expected to see the skis at 90 degrees, but the have held up better than I thought. They are made in Grantsburg Wis, ( home of H2O World Championship) Yes they are very much like a skin over a steel ski- want to try them out on the new suspension before spending and more $$ on different skis. Maybe GEN III. Won't put my old stock mountain skis back on- gotta nice set for sale, if anybody is interested......

Nick1945 said:
It looks almost like the old Ski Skins, that went over the Steel Skis.
Just from looking at the pictures, it doesn't look that stout for trail use.

I remember the same thing was said when UHMW skis came out, everyone said they were no good not going to be good on a snowmachine. heres a pic I stole from another forums site to show the abuse they can take
IMGP0972.jpg

heres another pic of what they look like, they come in a bunch of different colors
CIMG2641.jpg

Im keeping an open mind on all skis, ive tried all the top brand skis this last winter and the best ones that have worked for me have been the pilot 6.9s they work good but I want to see if there is anything else that would work better.

Back