• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

More GAP flasher issues.

ronzx9

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder L-TX-LE, 2016 Grand Touring SE 1200
Tonight my flasher is not showing up on my phone. My gps shows up but not the flasher. I have unplugged it multiple times to no avail. When I turn the ignition on it flashes green a couple of times then slow blue flashes. Any suggestions?

It won't connect to my phone even while plugged into my laptop tonight. No blue light now.

Will the loaded tune still run if I put it back in the sled? It was set to start up on 240HP? ARG.

So I can get it connect one out of 10 attempts but if I turn the sled off and back on it won't connect just like last year

I updated the firmware and app. The 1st time I hooked everything up it worked perfectly. Shut the sled off and restarted several times and thought all was good. The next day it will only connect once in a while. I've tried to determine the exact sequence of steps it takes to connect but it doesn't seem to matter. When I bring up my phone's bluetooth i can pair the two devices but the app tells me there is no connection. I went back to the original instructions and walked through the steps. Still will not connect. Leaving for Quebec Saturday. If the app won't connect will the sled still run the default or startup hp flash or does it run stock?

Put in a single 270 tune and throw the rest in garbage, use throttle to adjust, never had a problem, no #*$&@ plugged in here, plugged in there, download here, and upload there, leave the phones home more injoyable in the bush. Just saying

PM Gap. Send him your flasher ID and he will check it on their server side. What did you flash to your sled? Dash flash or tune bundle. If tune bundle, then sled will run default tune. Flasher only needs to be connected if you are switching tunes on the fly or data logging.

Put in a single 270 tune and throw the rest in garbage, use throttle to adjust, never had a problem, no #*$&@ plugged in here, plugged in there, download here, and upload there, leave the phones home more injoyable in the bush. Just saying
Hard to argue that except he could turn it down if he gets bad fuel in a remote area. C'est la motoneige!

That worked once. As soon as I closed the app on my phone and reopened it it wouldn't connect. I have figured out how to make it work though.

I believe the app is freezing up on my phone. If I force stop the app and restart the tool connects, every time. I'm leaving the app open on my phone then going back out in a while and see what happens. What a PITA.

Crappy gas in the remote stations on our backpack trip was why I went with the bundle.

That worked once. As soon as I closed the app on my phone and reopened it it wouldn't connect. I have figured out how to make it work though.

I believe the app is freezing up on my phone. If I force stop the app and restart the tool connects, every time. I'm leaving the app open on my phone then going back out in a while and see what happens. What a PITA.

Mine works every time. One thing I learned a long time ago though is to let it connect before starting the machine.

Turn on ign. connect to flasher, it comes to life on the app then start the sled. Haven't had any issues when doing this plus it lets the 02 sensor self heat and take a reading and makes the 02 sensor last longer as a bonus.

Mike, I-Phone or Android?

So after letting things sit for a while, app open on phone sled off I try again.... no connection. I had to stop the app, turn off the blue tooth, unplug the flasher then follow the original instructions of turn key on, plug in flasher turn on blue tooth and open the app. What sucks is the steps to connect are not always consistent. I set the default to 270 and I'll be careful of bad gas. Will have to work on it more when I get back. If Hurricane or GAP have any instructions or ideas please post. I also tried disconnecting the tool from the GAP app before shutting things down and that didn't work for repairing when I turn things back on.

Thanks, Ron.

Hard to argue that except he could turn it down if he gets bad fuel in a remote area. C'est la motoneige!
I have run 87 in bad areas you just can’t run wot, I have done steady 70 mph, without boost no problems in a pinch.

Back