• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mount eps in Rs professional 2007

Northwin

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
vk10d
I have a Yamaha rs professional VK10W 2007 that has only done 3000 km and in new condition. Unfortunately it requires its man as it is extremely heavy steered, and now with the right of age I thought I would cost it an electric power steering. The rs professional II eps seems to have the same chassis like my machine, and now I'm wondering if anyone has converted a 2007 with eps. From what I understand, it would be possible if you buy a steering column (8LP-23813-00 COLUMN,STEERING 2 ) servo motor (3B4-238B0-30 POWER STEERING ACTUATOR ASSY )as well as (8HG-859A0-11 POWER STEERING CONTROL UNIT ASSY) and (8LP-23816-00 ARM,PITMAN ) holders can be made from standard 5 mm steel sheet. Is it possible to connect signals from the speed sensor directly to the pcu, or is it possible to somehow get past the canbus signals as my machine lacks an ecu but is only equipped with an ignition unit. Alternative if this turns out to be impossible, I thought of installing an EZ steering unit that is not speed dependent. So-has anyone tried to install eps in this early rs professional?

I have a Yamaha rs professional VK10W 2007 that has only done 3000 km and in new condition. Unfortunately it requires its man as it is extremely heavy steered, and now with the right of age I thought I would cost it an electric power steering. The rs professional II eps seems to have the same chassis like my machine, and now I'm wondering if anyone has converted a 2007 with eps. From what I understand, it would be possible if you buy a steering column (8LP-23813-00 COLUMN,STEERING 2 ) servo motor (3B4-238B0-30 POWER STEERING ACTUATOR ASSY )as well as (8HG-859A0-11 POWER STEERING CONTROL UNIT ASSY) and (8LP-23816-00 ARM,PITMAN ) holders can be made from standard 5 mm steel sheet. Is it possible to connect signals from the speed sensor directly to the pcu, or is it possible to somehow get past the canbus signals as my machine lacks an ecu but is only equipped with an ignition unit. Alternative if this turns out to be impossible, I thought of installing an EZ steering unit that is not speed dependent. So-has anyone tried to install eps in this early rs professional?

Without the speed sensing from the ECU the EPS will likely work but just not be speed sensitive. Is it the same model eps as the apex? If so, you could try disconnecting the canbus on an apex to see if it still functions.

Apex 2016 and rs professional II EPS 2018 have identical servo motors and PSU, other models of Apex differ in some cases. (Attach file) The Psu has 5 connections, of which 2 go to the servo motor. The other 3 connections should 1. Connect the main power directly from the battery with a 30 or 40A fuse.2 Power supply to the PSU via the ignition switch. 3 Canbus What happens to the self-diagnostics when the canbus connection is broken. I don't have access to an Apex to check what's going on - there will probably be a lot of error codes - but will power steering still working? Anyone tried it

Attachments

• Apex SE 2011.docx
    11.2 KB · Views: 21

Back