• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mountain lite [pics]

Can you take the center to center measurments on you rfront shocks. I plan on getting some fox floats for it but no one wil tell me the center to center so if you could do that it would be awesome. Thanks, Andrew

BY the way, sweet sled, cant wait to get mine in the garage and start tearing it down!

obr said:
It will be just as reliable as any other Yamaha Turbo sled. With a turbo and a consistant 140 HP at altitude, I think you would have to have a REALLY well set up/tuned two stroke 800 to keep up.
I have to respectfully disagree with that. The Phazer's engine is based off of the YZ 250F dirtbike engine. Those engines only go about 200 hours between topend rebuilds and those rebuilds cost over $1000.
I dont think you will see people getting 10,000+ miles out of these engines like we have come to expect from the previous Genesis engines.
I honestly hope I wrong, but I have a feeling Im not. The Phazer's engine is a marvel of engineering. 80 hp out of a 500 4-stroke is unreal, but I believe that long-term dependability was sacraficed in order to get this performance.
Perhaps because its a twin it will last longer than it does in the bike, but in my experience with Yamaha's 4-stroke motocross bikes and with the YFZ 450 ATV, these are engines that require a lot of attention, certainly much more than us snowmobilers are used to.
Im actually considering selling my YFZ 450 because Im not sure I want to deal with the constant attention that it requires.

Octane i am not trying to be rude but i too will have to respectfully disagree with you as well. In the case of your bike, the engine is sucking in dirt, warm air and generally taking alot more abuse than a snowmobile is. People not shifting properly and running the engine way past its ability or sweet spot is a major problem with dirtbike owners leadig up to valve jobs and top end problems. This engine will be geared and clutched to perform in its sweet spot so that longevity isnt all that much of an issue like you seen in bikes. And if your thinking of selling your bike because of durability issues with a yamaha 4 stroke what in the world will you be getting? i Cant think of another bike that is half as dependable as that one. Just my .02

im not concerned with reliability at all...its a yamaha...im concerned with how im gonna get the cash to buy one!! :yam:

The better question would be, is it more like the dirt bike motor or the R1 motor???
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=26297
Since they share the same bore and stroke, the differences would have to be in the top end and electronics. Using the same logic, the R1 motor must be 'based' off the 250F and prone to the same 'durability issues'

i dont think yamaha would of came out with a three year warranty on spring order sleds if they werent sure of the reliability of this motor.i have complete confidence in this engine and if something happens,well,its under warranty for three years.just my 2 cents :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke:

When i ordered my sled i got the 5 year warrantee with it. However this is all voided when i through a turbo at it but its nice to know they stand behind that engine that much. Remember, this engine has been being tested since 02 so i am sure they got things pretty squared away with it.

The Genesis 80 is based on the R1 engine according to MCX. And if they say it is i dont doubt it.

That open tunnel to cool the exhaust...anything else out there like that right now? I'm wondering if that's going to get messy for the running boards, with snow spray, or even just melting snow running down the tunnel/running boards and turning to ice...

Back