• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mr. SLed Review??

morrisond said:
So basically then the GT is a better set-up for big guys with a stiffer valving and spring than the supposed big bump sled the RTX. Right?

I shouldnt answer for MrSled, but I have to say that is a good observation.
With the clickers up front and the rear dialed to firm, IMHO the GT would be the most anti-bottoming of all the Apex models. :D
Front shock wise the Floats are said to be very progressive especially near the end of their travel, so the front of the RTX would be good at anti-bottoming also.

I would say the bigger guys may be happier on a GT and as far as the Apex..the over all package is better then the m10 and will handle as good as what you came off of. But its really hard to beat an M10 in the stand alone ride area....but the sled flat out package is better then anything on the snow IMO.

Mr Sled,

So do you think the gt package would still be a good pick for the lighter guys? say 200 lbs or so?

Mr Sled,

So do you think the gt package would still be a good pick for the lighter guys? say 200 lbs or so

The susp. was set up by a 170lb rider, so no it is not gonna be stiff for a 200lb rider. The EC shock has a much wider range of adjustablity then the std shock or any shock in production. The std shock RA effects mostly rebound and a little compression. The EC shock has full control of compression on the grip warmer and full control of rebound on the shock. With that much adjustability, last thing I would worry about is it being stiff.

Thanks Guys!!

Thats what I thought, with everyones comments and questions I was starting to wonder? Of course, not all have riden them.

Bob

Bob Quale said:
Thats what I thought, with everyones comments and questions I was starting to wonder? Of course, not all have riden them.

Even if you did ride them, the shock combinations on the prototypes have been confusing. I'd bet some of spring and shock valve rates changed quite a bit from our 1st week in February ride. Thats why when a guy like viper34 comes on and posts ya gotta love it :D

Mr. Sled,
Thanks for all the great info. I saw your pictures of "The Last Ride" and had a question. You seemed to have the std. ER shocks on the RTX, and I was wondering if the Fox's were on at any time while you were riding if you noticed a big difference.

Did you get a chance to run the Apex's against the 05 RX1's? Yamaha is claiming 4-5 sled lengths in a 1/4 mile and 5 mph on top end.. What were some real world results? Also did any of the RX1's have any thing done to them, clutching, filter kits, etc? Please give your honest assesment.. Thanks, Chad ;)!

I smoked Impalapowers 03 and NOSPros 05 ...they are fast and work great!!! ask them what they thought...I could drive by them on top and leave them out of the hole with no studs in the track.

MrSled said:
Bob,I think you will be fine most likely be able to turn the compression down and take some of the preload off the shocks.

The heavier spring will not work on the Ohlins but I have heard they may have a heavier spring available for the 06 EC ohlins.

The heavy spring made a world of difference for me on my 05 and really thing that 220+ riders will need it on the 06s based on the sleds I rode this year. The ride was quite a bit firmer to the point where the stutters bumps where more noticeable...but as far as resistant to bottoming it worked great!!
So MrSled, I'm 165lbs, will I be able to dial in the rear suspension on the GT to make it for my liking or will it be too stiff for me. Is there enough adjustablity to make it good and soft for fast groomed trail riding. I don't want it stiff like other Yamaha's that I have rode. I'm not a big guy, so I need it soft. My 03 800 REV-X is set on the lightest setting for me and I can bottom it, but not bad enough where I'm hurting the sled. You should be able to bottome the rear skid for a great ride. The RTX that I sat on I was able to move the rear of the skid up and down just from sitting on it. I thought that was good. I want a somewhat of a plush ride.

Thanks,

Rotax!

Back