• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My new toy is home in the garage.

pics019.jpg

pics043.jpg
[/img]

i love those se models yamaha make,i have the brushed aluminum one,the 09 is quite nice too in candy red,congrats on youre purchase,here's mine

Attachments

• IMG_1022.JPG
    IMG_1022.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1023.JPG
    IMG_1023.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 96
i got the candy red one with 26" zillas. The armour painting is sweet for cleaning

clutch said:
This topic is ancient history and those new quads are probably trashed by now. 2008 :o|

I doubt they are all trashed, unless they fell of a trailer or something.........

Yammi quads last a long, long time. I have two 2004 Yammi quads that are in excellent shape, and we "use and abuse" them plenty! Those motors never burn out.

Mike

I am well aware that Yamahas run for a long time. I have had a few over the years.
96 timberwolf
98 big bear 350
99 kodiak 400
2000 griz 600 one of my favorites
o1 banshee 350
02 raptor 660
06 griz 660
08 griz 700
With the exception of the banshee and raptor all the others were well used. They all ran well but had lots of cosmetic problems. I ride them and don't worry about collateral damage. All were soundly thrashed. ;)!

In the same time span my wife has also had a few.

95 breeze 125
2000 kodiak 2x4 400
01 warrior 350
05 kodiak 400
09 griz 550

At trade in time all of hers looked like new. I guess she just dosen't have as much fun as I do. :Rockon:

clutch said:
I am well aware that Yamahas run for a long time. I have had a few over the years.
96 timberwolf
98 big bear 350
99 kodiak 400
2000 griz 600 one of my favorites
o1 banshee 350
02 raptor 660
06 griz 660
08 griz 700
With the exception of the banshee and raptor all the others were well used. They all ran well but had lots of cosmetic problems. I ride them and don't worry about collateral damage. All were soundly thrashed. ;)!

In the same time span my wife has also had a few.

95 breeze 125
2000 kodiak 2x4 400
01 warrior 350
05 kodiak 400
09 griz 550

At trade in time all of hers looked like new. I guess she just dosen't have as much fun as I do. :Rockon:

OK dude, then why did you think that 2 year old Grizzly would be trashed/ gone/ "ancient history" by now then?

Or were you somehow offended that I dared to "revive" a 2 year old thread?

Just askin'!

Mike

Hey you can post on anything you want. It was just old news that's all. I have a 08 that I have rode for two seasons and it dosen't look anything like new any longer. I take good care of them mechanically and use them hard. Every ride is like a cross country race. My two year old machine looks like it is 10 years old. The alloy skid plates are dented a lot and the plastic is all scratched up, every piece of it. I would classify it as thrashed. Not trashed.

It is two years old and has over 6000 miles. I will trade it for a fresh one next year. I like this one so I will keep it for 3 years. The last thing I want is a breakdown 20 miles from my truck in the Arizona desert.

Back