• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Sons 2001 Mountain Max 700 refresh and upgrades.

Got to manage the budget when dealing with the toys.

Here is my sons 2001 Mountain Max 700 with Bender Pipes. It has eclectic start and reverse. We are going through everything to be sure it read for the season. Updating spindles to Viper to be able to add newer style skis. Here are a few images of us starting the process.

View attachment 173080

View attachment 173081

View attachment 173082

View attachment 173083

View attachment 173084

View attachment 173085

View attachment 173086
Are you making a bushing/spacer for the bottom or switching to Viper arms?

Chaincase, secondary and suspension removed as well as speedo gear and bearing. Pulled drive shaft and dropped track. Also received bushings from McMaster-Carr for adding Viper Spindles.

IMG_5165 (Custom).JPEG

IMG_5166 (Custom).JPEG

IMG_5167 (Custom).JPEG

IMG_5168 (Custom).JPEG

IMG_5164 (Custom).JPEG

Went through skid, made sure all was good as far as bearings, slides bushing etc.. went through chaincase with new bearings a shorter 68L chain. Found stripped lower gear bolt and broken speedo key. Reinstalled everything and tossed in the skid. Slowest making progress with Zach.

IMG_5186.jpeg

IMG_5185.jpeg

IMG_5187.jpeg

IMG_5201.jpeg

IMG_5202.jpeg

IMG_5203.jpeg

IMG_5204.jpeg

Ok here is the latest. Rebuild the entire front suspension minus the shocks. Have to keep my eyes open for some rebuildable shocks. All new bushings, painted as much as we could to make it look fresh. Also added Curve Skis, Viper spindles and my spacers. Worked out very slick.

IMG_5271.jpeg
IMG_5270.jpeg
IMG_5283.jpeg
IMG_5284.jpeg
IMG_5285.jpeg

Here is the final pictures of the MM700 that me and my son were getting ready for him to have some fun on. Looks great and runs like a top.

Sled Recap:
Ceramic Coated Bender Pipes
Jetting 150 mains 45 pilots
Rox adjustable Riser
Power Madd hand guards
New Curve Mountain Skis
Viper Spindles with spacer bushings
Stock gearing & drivers with reverse
2” Camoplast Track extended from 141-144”
Electric start
Heel Clicker Clutching
Boss Seat
HID conversion kit - RoczToyz

IMG_5438.jpeg
IMG_5437.jpeg
IMG_5436.jpeg
IMG_5435.jpeg
IMG_5432.jpeg

Last edited:
I am going to swap my Apex saddleless skis on to my wifes SX500 so we can run dual carbides to help with darting. I didn't even think about the saddle height. So if I understand correctly, you have just added the Viper spindles which are longer along with the bushing to take up the difference? That sled sits low to begin with so would hate to drop it down any further.

Back