• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Two Cents, for what it's worth.

I use both maps and a Garmin GPS. I take the map along but almost never pull it out to use it. It is nice seeing the big picture before the days ride though. I have zero problems with the GPS and have had it for 5 years. I love it so much better then getting the map out to figure out where you are going and when trails are unexpectedly closed or poorly marked it really helps you find the best option to take. I would never go back to just maps and tend to use them less and less as the years go by.

Yes it’s nice! Many times trail closures will be reported by other snowmobilers too.

Big thing about GPS is keeping old backcountry tracks for the one time you get caught in a whiteout and have to find that shelter. Personally run a GPS and RaM Mount in the background for reference purposes. In my tank bag I have an old Galaxy S5 Android with a My Trails APP which I make a map of my daily rides. Upload my New Tracks to Drop Box and can load them to the GPS if I go into the area. Someone stated earlier that to try and use a GPS or Phone while driving is a PITA so it's easier to just stop. Strongly recommend the MYTrails for Android.

Back