• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need Help on This One - Primary

Well .. now after hearing all the hell ya went through getting your clutch off (glad ya got it though) maybe like I mentioned early on in the post about putting just a ULTRA light film of anti seize barely detectable to the eye and NOT some half tube that flings all over that causes your clutch to slip off and kill ten people and lose 1/1000 of a second in a quarter mile because it might have "slipped" …. (which nothing like this has ever happened) . So maybe this could be considered to be helpful and not a loaded gun pointing you in the face like the experts make it sound. ( they could make great stories for the fake media) They say they NEVER would do this and have never had any problems getting there clutches off … I am sure as they take there clutches of every day to fine tune them for perfect performance! They have likely NEVER tried this but have the knowledge that its NEVER is to be done. Again … 40 yrs of taking clutches on and off and NEVER an issue..
No, no, no , no lubricant. Just make sure both surfaces are clean. NEVER an issue for me removing clutches after that.
It seems that this was the first time Seveys clutch had been off? Maybe improperly torqued from the factory causing some slip creating some galling?

Well .. now after hearing all the hell ya went through getting your clutch off (glad ya got it though) maybe like I mentioned early on in the post about putting just a ULTRA light film of anti seize barely detectable to the eye and NOT some half tube that flings all over that causes your clutch to slip off and kill ten people and lose 1/1000 of a second in a quarter mile because it might have "slipped" …. (which nothing like this has ever happened) . So maybe this could be considered to be helpful and not a loaded gun pointing you in the face like the experts make it sound. ( they could make great stories for the fake media) They say they NEVER would do this and have never had any problems getting there clutches off … I am sure as they take there clutches of every day to fine tune them for perfect performance! They have likely NEVER tried this but have the knowledge that its NEVER is to be done. Again … 40 yrs of taking clutches on and off and NEVER an issue..

Some people just can’t admit they are wrong, it’s sad.
You will never find ANY SERVICE MANUAL OR ANY PROFESSIONAL RACER THAT WILL TELL YOU TO EVEN LIGHTY LUBRICATE THE TAPER ON A SNOWMOBILE CLUTCH PERIOD!
Rich if you can find anything in print that supports this please do and post it.
You won’t.
Talk about fake news! WOW

Make sense of this, you can listen to one guys opinion on this matter OR YOU CAN LISTEN TO ANY OF THE MANUFACTURERS, ENGINEERS, AND RACERS throughout the years, you decided.

One day Rich will do this to a high torque turbo sled and the clutch will spin welding the shafts together, then and only then, will he possibly admit he was wrong. It’s just human nature for some I guess.

Lap all my clutches with valve lapping compound on the shaft for a perfect fit, clean with brake clean and bolt down to spec dry. Never have had an issue with slippage or getting them off when using factory spec doing this.

I’d never use oil, grease or anti-seize on the shaft as with power applied, they will spin on the shaft with big power. Some of the outlaws use loctite to keep them from spinning I know.

No, no, no , no lubricant. Just make sure both surfaces are clean. NEVER an issue for me removing clutches after that.
It seems that this was the first time Seveys clutch had been off? Maybe improperly torqued from the factory causing some slip creating some galling?

You are correct. First time off since new.

I have to believe if there was slippage there would be sign of it spinning but there was no evidence on the shaft or clutch of that. There were marks left on the clutch and shaft but it closer resembles corrosion, perhaps due to moisture/condensation during install or storage (hard to imagine something so new corroding).
MS

Anyone know the bolt size and thread count/pitch of the puller. I would like to just buy a bolt and use the water trick and take it off save myself 50 bucks
TIA

Thanks I appreciate it.
Water trick works beauty on other sleds. I just have to rig something to hold the beast on its side without damaging anything
She's heavy but FAST

Thanks I appreciate it.
Water trick works beauty on other sleds. I just have to rig something to hold the beast on its side without damaging anything
She's heavy but FAST
Take an axle stand and weld some sort of cupped piece onto the top. The handlebar will sit into that and it is adjustable then also.

Back