• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any guys raving about a ski Doo renegade 800 beating a Yamaha apex is totally lying through their nose and out the #*$&@.The only advantage the ski Doo has is lighter weight for a quicker launch,the Apex has the steam to throw its weight around and the top end to bitch slap their bragging asses.Done it a few times already to those guys bashing on the Apex due to its weight,my sleds suspension is set up for aggressive handling and the rest is stock other than my skis and I will let you know from my own experience those guys were a little bewildered and surprised of the outcome and kept their yaps shut after that showdown.My advice ,don't let the Aexes weight fool you,the machine has some ungoddly potential if set up correctly.Suspension set up and handing is all I improved upon and the results proved itself.
Absolutely. I'll be doing suspension if Yamaha doesn't step up with a better Apex...

Any guys raving about a ski Doo renegade 800 beating a Yamaha apex is totally lying through their nose and out the #*$&@.The only advantage the ski Doo has is lighter weight for a quicker launch,the Apex has the steam to throw its weight around and the top end to bitch slap their bragging asses.Done it a few times already to those guys bashing on the Apex due to its weight,my sleds suspension is set up for aggressive handling and the rest is stock other than my skis and I will let you know from my own experience those guys were a little bewildered and surprised of the outcome and kept their yaps shut after that showdown.My advice ,don't let the Aexes weight fool you,the machine has some ungoddly potential if set up correctly.Suspension set up and handing is all I improved upon and the results proved itself.

1) I'm not a Doo guy and I think the 800 is the most unreliable piece of crap on snow. But it makes power

2) I'm not talking about top end. Yes, the Apex has long legs. When I'm talking about racing I'm talking 660 / 1000 / 1250

3) my point is, Yamaha has much better engine technology and if they put the engines they're capable of building into these sleds we wouldn't be having this argument.

If what i heard today is true, YAMAHA is going to shock the snowmobile world. I have already had a discussion about trading my 15 ltx. The new 850 etec will be a after thought. This is a serious statement.

Any race under a 1/4 mile is irrelevant to me. 660' is a larger measure of weight, traction and clutching rather than power. I still don't get why the magazines have not altered their testing to keep up with the power of the new sleds.

Even the auto magazines now incorporate rolling start races and 1/2 mile. These are better measures of power. A WRX with awd can probably beat a Corvette to 30mph...is it a "faster" car. No.

Beat me all day by a sled length in a 660' with your ski doo or cat. Then for the rest of the 10 mile long lake we are riding on- Watch me disappear.

I heard from a Cat dealer last week that the rumor he heard from insiders was this.... Viper like chassis, Apex motor making more power than current turbo. But.. Pushing 20 g's Canadian. Less than a week and we'll know for sure..

I heard from a Cat dealer last week that the rumor he heard from insiders was this.... Viper like chassis, Apex motor making more power than current turbo. But.. Pushing 20 g's Canadian. Less than a week and we'll know for sure..

20k? I remember when sleds cost 6-8k...:eek:

The funniest races are the 660', the sled with most power usually wins. Over 660' are speedruns.
Its not about 30mph. Best running 800 will have over 90mph in a 660' snowrace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:drink:So Cobrajet just said on another post that he heard something today on the new 2017 and it's gonna shake the sled world. Dam someone has to leak something soon! Come on guys have a few and let one slip! :die

Last edited:
Even in 1/4 600-800 is only a cpl mph differance really. And 0-60 the 600s are normally faster. I personally would be in market for a 600 class sled as power is nice but I have 0 intention on looking at a $15-18,000 sled to ride the 75 miles I rode this year. And that's the point a lot are trying to make. The 800 class is unreliable costly and all the 800+ class sleds are maybe 10% of sales. Polaris has the 550f Indy for $5900 and that's a really great deal and something Yamaha needs in line up. Yamaha also needs something in lines of the 4000 Lxr and rr cats. 500twin in rr trim for 9000 is a great value and something Yamaha needs and 8300 in trail trim. Beyond that a good chassis and motor combo for viper replacement is the bread and butter for Yamaha and then a turbo version for go fast guys

:yam:

So just looked again at the second teaser video by Yamaha for the nth time..

"The rest of the snowmobile universe...

will Be snow dust "

That's more than marketing. That's a HUGE statement to make... Basically calling out all competition as well on first one .. "Warning to the competition.. Don't blink!" ..

There is something HUGE coming gang ...

We sure live in different places. I know noone that have bought a new 550 class sled the last years, exept for the youngest drivers. I live in Norway and people beetween 16-18 years can only legal drive a 550ccm, 60-65 hp. All other new sleds I know people around here buy, is mostly 800, viper, doo1200, some 600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back