• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have no real complaints about my Apex XTX,other than lack of snow here on East coast limiting our season,other than that I really enjoy the Apex ,I feel very comfortable on a long days cruise with a vast variety of conditions encountered.In my own opinion,the sled carries best of both worlds,it's has the steam under the hood and the comfort and handling,(I will tell you I made a few suspension upgrades to it as well as skis and shaper bars) made a huge improvement over stock,I have to say this sled really does have razor blade handling when set up right.So as my story goes on, overall I am very impressed with my Apex XTX that Yamaha is going to have to really going to show me a new version snowmobile,that will beat the hell out of the best of what my current Apex is.Otherwise I will keep what I have and love it.Sowe will all see Tuesday if it's a game changer or a flop,hope for the best.

If what i heard today is true, YAMAHA is going to shock the snowmobile world. I have already had a discussion about trading my 15 ltx. The new 850 etec will be a after thought. This is a serious statement.
Why write crap like that? Give us all the details or nothing at all..

I hope Yamaha has designed a new starter that doesn't puke after 3200 miles and ruins a trip........#$%&*
Rather unlucky, mine is original at 14,300 miles on the Attak and Nick Keller said his went the whole 99,956 miles on the Vector he parked.

"IF" say this is true that the new sled will have all this.... We are watching the sport kill itself because of the cost.... I like everyone else like to see improvements but in what areas and at what cost increase? If they would just concentrate in the suspension and rider comfort areas the performance is there, in fact too much for most from what I can see. Like myself, I ride with friends that have been on sleds for over 40 years and all of them can afford to buy new as often as they would like but they just cant see the need to. Yes Yamaha needs to show movement since the Viper because they said they would but at what cost will it break the camels back ? Its my opinion but I still think the sport is shrinking because of the cost...

Rather unlucky, mine is original at 14,300 miles on the Attak and Nick Keller said his went the whole 99,956 miles on the Vector he parked.
Well mine went at 6500 miles. I took it out of the shed drove it around the house shut it off and go to restart and it was locked up. The magnets came loose off the case. What Yamaha wants for a new starter is a joke. Went aftermarket and it turns the sled over much faster then the original and my wife's vector.

Yamaha had patents for a snow bike back in 2008 or something. It also listed it to be without front forks and to run on a CVT style transmission...

Subaru2006

Right on Rich Kay....You know what, it might be the latest and greatest but like any thing the first year will have it's 'bugs' and at 20 G's??Let the hype calm down and in 2 years with refinements we might have something.Still can't wait to see the new turd. A snow storm would get me worked up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back