• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take the ponies. Do I notice the extra weight when I fill the fuel tank or after the tunnel builds up with 30 lbs of ice? Nope! If it gets stuck 40 less lbs isn't going to make a 600 lb sled any easier getting it out! But HP for lbs is greatly increased with another 25+ ponies. Sign me up because that's just what I've been waiting for!

In mtns the more power the better. But on trails anything short of like Canada with miles of 50' wide dead straight trails 600s are plenty. And in anything rough 600s are more enjoyable. I had 97 600sx back in the day and then replaced with srx 700.... I actually missed the 600 on trails. A lake or wide open area was only place I liked the srx more and I still would have been content with my 600

I know I am in the minority, but I like top end. 500 feet doesn’t excite me. If I am at a speed run, I would prefer 1000 feet. That's why I like the lake and the long legs the Apex has. So, what if I get beat off the line, the smile comes across my face when I wave bye and the other guy is topped out already.
Sure you can only go so fast on the trail. That's not the place to go blowing by people anyway. I like to take in the scenery of the woods and stay safe. But when coming upon a lake, it's time to clean the plugs. Not much matches the feeling of WOT.

I know I am in the minority, but I like top end. 500 feet doesn’t excite me. If I am at a speed run, I would prefer 1000 feet. That's why I like the lake and the long legs the Apex has. So, what if I get beat off the line, the smile comes across my face when I wave bye and the other guy is topped out already.
Sure you can only go so fast on the trail. That's not the place to go blowing by people anyway. I like to take in the scenery of the woods and stay safe. But when coming upon a lake, it's time to clean the plugs. Not much matches the feeling of WOT.
Exactly.

I hope Yamaha has designed a new starter that doesn't puke after 3200 miles and ruins a trip........#$%&*

:yam:

So just looked again at the second teaser video by Yamaha for the nth time..

"The rest of the snowmobile universe...

will Be snow dust "

That's more than marketing. That's a HUGE statement to make... Basically calling out all competition as well on first one .. "Warning to the competition.. Don't blink!" ..

There is something HUGE coming gang ...

I sure hope you are right. But remember, this is the same Yamaha that called the Nytro with the longer track "all new"

A boosted Nytro.

It takes a really good running Apex to run with a lighter sled with more hp. Not saying it's not possible - but more times than not the 800 will win.
Our 2006 Apex DESTROYS Ski Doo 800's.

I like the beginning, middle & top end! Mostly middle acceleration cuz that's where most trail riding is done. Heck i even enjoy sitting on them while on trailer...Now you see why i'm stevewithOCD...

I heard from a Cat dealer last week that the rumor he heard from insiders was this.... Viper like chassis, Apex motor making more power than current turbo. But.. Pushing 20 g's Canadian. Less than a week and we'll know for sure..

I will be buying a used one in 5 years if thats really the price.
The prices are already retarted enough for a 2-3 month toy.
#*$&@ with this winter it was only a 2-3 week toy

We sure live in different places. I know noone that have bought a new 550 class sled the last years, exept for the youngest drivers. I live in Norway and people beetween 16-18 years can only legal drive a 550ccm, 60-65 hp. All other new sleds I know people around here buy, is mostly 800, viper, doo1200, some 600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The polaris 550 indys are selling here pretty well. Better than any yamaha anyways. A viper is super rare to see. Summits and rmks are king and sell like crazy even though our riding is more suited for a shorter track.

All 3 of my sleds are yamahas and id like to keep it that way but im in the market for something lighter and more agile than what yamaha has to offer at the moment. I dont usually visit here anymore but the new release interests me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back