• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:
I was northbound on Hwy 53 north of Eau Claire and about an hour ago I saw a semi load of Yamaha snowmobiles in crates heading south of Hwy 53. I'd betcha $1000 those are demo 2017's going somewhere!

Anybody know where some of the the Yamaha dealers are congregating for the unveiling? Mine left today to go "somewhere".
2017's wouldn't be built yet. No way in hell. They are probably other units like bikes or something ... Or at the worst leftover 2016's. Any time any prototypes or units for trials for dealer shows etc for Spring Surge would be already built and in an enclosed semi.. Can't be 2017... No way.... :dunno::dunno:

All i'm saying is that if Yamaha does what i think there going to do, we are going to have a hell of a sled option with a fully developed motor, turbo, electronics by Yamaha only.
Now that's more like it! haha. I guess I better list my wife's XTX!

2017's wouldn't be built yet. No way in hell. They are probably other units like bikes or something ... Or at the worst leftover 2016's. Any time any prototypes or units for trials for dealer shows etc for Spring Surge would be already built and in an enclosed semi.. Can't be 2017... No way.... :dunno::dunno:
They typically do demo rides of the new stuff in March here in NY so they'll have at least a couple of prototypes floating around

So you don't think there's a chance in hell that these are 2017 demo units? Snowbikes made in TRF, MN maybe? Ok, believe what you want....we'll never know.

So you don't think there's a chance in hell that these are 2017 demo units? Snowbikes made in TRF, MN maybe? Ok, believe what you want....we'll never know.
Not in crates not built. They wouldn't burden the dealers to build them and pdi. They are all built and transported in enclosed semis. They would have several trailers all around going for their tours. But again already built. Not in crates ... Typically these will never end up sold to the public either. Not from my experience .. I could very well be wrong too. We will all know in 2 more sleeps!!!! Unless someone spills the beans ....????

Last edited:
Because using the waste energy in the exhaust gasses in a turbo saps very little horsepower from the engine and with modern setups the lag is hardly worth mentioning. Superchargers sap quite a bit of hp from the engine and the instant response means instant extra fuel, so the gas mileage suffers as well. The turbo setups can actually be more fuel efficient when riding sensibly than stock setups. Not so much with the superchargers.
Got 14,000 miles on my supercharged Nytro running minimal boost and it smokes every turbo I have run. Every time. No lag means I kill them off the line, and beyond that they can't make up the difference. I'd never choose a turbo if a S/C is an option.

Not in crates not built. They wouldn't burden the dealers to build them and pdi. They are all built and transported in enclosed semis. They would have several trailers all around going for their tours. But again already built. Not in crates ... Typically these will never end up sold to the public either. Not from my experience .. I could very well be wrong too. We will all know in 2 more sleeps!!!! Unless someone spills the beans ....????
Could they be going to the big dealers so they can have One on the floor for the spring orders. They did that. In 2014 for the Viper Launch. I think that sled floated form dealer to dealer.

Could they be going to the big dealers so they can have One on the floor for the spring orders. They did that. In 2014 for the Viper Launch. I think that sled floated form dealer to dealer.
Absolutely could. But usually they are already built.. But who knows. They could be anything. All I know is Tuesday can't come soon enough for most of us !! :yam:

image.jpeg

Got 14,000 miles on my supercharged Nytro running minimal boost and it smokes every turbo I have run. Every time. No lag means I kill them off the line, and beyond that they can't make up the difference. I'd never choose a turbo if a S/C is an option.
Same here, I have a 12 XTX with a stage one supercharger. 7lbs of boost 8500 miles on it. Runs 126 on GPS. Awesome Trail sled and out runs both 1200 Turbo Doos and Cats.

Car or sled, I always modify it to the way I want. No exception. The Nytro is a great sled once it's dialed in. Sure, your 'pro' chassis is better setup from the factory. But now you're stuck with a great chassis and an engine that should be thrown in the garbage. I've seen the 800 popo all modded up get slapped around by a stock Doo. Nobody makes a complete sled
Well I guess the poo engine goes in the garbage with the nytro chassis that sucked, the nytro front end that was weak and need ball joints each season or more often, the nytro suspension, hyfaxs after each ride, the too small tank, worn exhaust gaskets, and so on. 3000 km each on two pro 600's + new 15 hold over's 800 with 500 km on each ... I guess that by now my garbage bin should be full by your reckoning .... tally so far is one busted belt for the works and they've been ridden much harder than the nytros ever were!
So glad that you think its acceptable for OEM to build / sell crap that you have to spend more of your $ to get it to work as it should in the first place! There's a difference in "dialling it in" and replacing parts / components that should work in the first place ... dialling it in means adjusting shock settings on most new sleds - not replacing front clip, skid, tank, steering post, skis, seat and so on. I guess that you have your computer apart now to "dial in" the screen, hard drive, keyboard, graphics card, wifi card, memory, etc. too.
Have fun "dialling in" your sled - I'ld rather be riding with the extra $ in my pocket!

Well I guess the poo engine goes in the garbage with the nytro chassis that sucked, the nytro front end that was weak and need ball joints each season or more often, the nytro suspension, hyfaxs after each ride, the too small tank, worn exhaust gaskets, and so on. 3000 km each on two pro 600's + new 15 hold over's 800 with 500 km on each ... I guess that by now my garbage bin should be full by your reckoning .... tally so far is one busted belt for the works and they've been ridden much harder than the nytros ever were!
So glad that you think its acceptable for OEM to build / sell crap that you have to spend more of your $ to get it to work as it should in the first place! There's a difference in "dialling it in" and replacing parts / components that should work in the first place ... dialling it in means adjusting shock settings on most new sleds - not replacing front clip, skid, tank, steering post, skis, seat and so on. I guess that you have your computer apart now to "dial in" the screen, hard drive, keyboard, graphics card, wifi card, memory, etc. too.
Have fun "dialling in" your sled - I'ld rather be riding with the extra $ in my pocket!
I agree,...well said! I have over a 1000 plus into mine with parts trying to get her dialed in, just noticed lower ball joints gone 480miles on her F#%K!!!:o|

Couch. I think I never wanna sell you a product. If you are that overly negative about the nytro your hopeless to ever find a good sled and it won't ever be a yamaha. So enjoy whatever forum you choose to go to. Honestly all factory skis suck. And to have hygear get your shocks right on nytro and wrp seat and little taller bars isn't a big deal. At that point I truely feel the nytro is effective as a sled. If your seeking something perfect and refined for you and your style riding, you will be modding anything along the lines of the fxr mod sleds

To each his own i guess....i've put 3500 miles on mine and haven't had any problems with it,i did put dupont slides and tuner skis ball joints are still good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back