• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 cylinder 2 stroke efi srx motor in a new chassis. ;)!

The guys name is Chris, he is the Yamaha moderator on snowest. He runs a couple of high end turbo yami's and has never run anything else. He did say he snowchecked 2 G4 850 Summits for next year...........
A wise man once said, "believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see". Food for thought in this thread... Lol :)

that 3 cylinder 2 stroke motor still weighed a ton
Exactly. Not sure why everyone is obsessed with 2 strokes, unless you are a mountain rider. Does anyone really think Yamaha and/or Cat will/can build a 450 lb. wet, 170hp 2s, trail sled for an affordable price?

580-630 lbs. is a nice range for a trail sled, and they should be able to do it with a 4s. If the total weight is equal or close, what advantage does a 2s have? None.

He also says when a guy ask: Anything new or has it been mentioned in the speculations ?
He says:I think we all missed the boat for the most part.
Boat engine......

The viper and nytro both are 590-610 wet weights ready to ride. So not sure what weight you guys want cut if that's your target

He also says this.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by geo
Do you really mean it this time Christopher?

Cancelling the Doo,s , but still getting a 2 stroke? V6 maybe?
NO.
Not cancelling my Doos, it is time for me to explore and learn more about 2-strokes here on SnoWest.

But.
I might just sell my Viper and get a new 2017 Yamaha now..

And yes.
I really do mean it.
I think there are going to be a pile of HAPPY yamaha faithful here tomorrow who all collectively say ITS ABOUT TIME."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back