• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be the rumoured Cat 800 Ctec-2 is a Yammy built motor that would go in both sleds?? Hmmm that would be interesting. I think it's a turbo tho.

Doubt that will happen this year but I would bet a lot that we will see the new Cat 800 in the Yamaha's. It makes perfect sense regardless of who ends up building the motor. With the partnership going strong, it's highly doubtful you will see a newly designed 2-stroke or 4-stroke engine or chassis for that matter, only available in a Cat or Yamaha after maybe being specific to one of them in the first year. The Yamaha faithful might want that but I don't see it happening any different.

Was kind of hoping for a Crossplane motor in something they just sound so freaking cool. Here's an R1 flyby that your speakers will love, turn it up!!

Whatever the New sled is,there some big words from yamaha saying the rest is snowdust, maybe CR s Dream from last year is coming true a NA 200 HP sled weighing in at what? Dont remember.

Skickat från min SM-G388F via Tapatalk

No point in talking about something that isn't coming right, ; ) Even though AC already showed it at Hay days.
That's right. I don't see a production snow bike coming from Yamaha, But maybe AC.....Or are you saying they are or could soon be one in the same......the more that gets swapped back and forth the closer it gets to that.

image.png

Updated plastics for Cat....and Yamaha. I sure hope we get a new motor...4 cyl at 160 hp, but after listening to some YouTube clips, sounds like a turbo 3 holers

Last edited:
Here is the best picture I could get out of the video.
2017.jpg

Last edited:
It would only make sense, considering it is a partnership. And remember CR did say to expect the unexpected.

Is it just me or does it look small and short

Was told by a yamaha dealer in Maine this past weekend that Yamaha needed 5 yrs to build there own suspension so that's why Cat got involved for the time being.
Yamaha has a 800 DI 2stroke already( on the marine side of things) don't know when that is coming out.
The most interesting thing he said was he is not convinced that yamaha is 100% committed to snowmobiles for the long haul.

On a side note, took out a 16 apex xtx and could not wait to get back on my viper, the procross chassis is so far a head of were yamaha is with there chassis. That's a sad reality.

Just because they are sticking with the tall spindle and wide a-arm spacing it's the same chassis as the procross? So the axis has a beaver tail, that mean it's the same as the first rev?
Why not...Skidoo has been using the same chassis since 08 ..XP and XS are the same chassis

Yzf don't disagree. But laughing at fact that people are saying its exact same because it has same spindle profile.

As long as it holds up and gives me about 1 inch further forward ride position I love everything else about our current chassis. It rocks at speed like nothing else. Hope they spend the development on power.

Headlight looks like Projector beam Headlight. No reflector. Could be Standard,HID or LED. Projector works great with any light source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back