• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couch. I think I never wanna sell you a product. If you are that overly negative about the nytro your hopeless to ever find a good sled and it won't ever be a yamaha. So enjoy whatever forum you choose to go to. Honestly all factory skis suck. And to have hygear get your shocks right on nytro and wrp seat and little taller bars isn't a big deal. At that point I truely feel the nytro is effective as a sled. If your seeking something perfect and refined for you and your style riding, you will be modding anything along the lines of the fxr mod sleds
Guess that's why the Nytro forum was always soooo quiet and full of glowing endorsements for the quality of the components. It was a nice engine in a lousy package. I would consider another Yamaha as long as its light, durable, doesn't break the bank and works right from the start. I have 2 1990 Sno Sports that were better designed than the nytro! Yamaha has the ability to be first - not sure if it has the motivation. Every once in a while it does something really good but then sits back for far too long.

So much speculation here. Wow. One more sleep then we will know along with the entire world what the competition has to be so scared about according to Yamaha .... One more sleep !! :die

Yes not long now
I hope it scares the competition but I hope the price doesn't scare me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol. I have to believe that if it's that revolutionary they will be asking a premium for it and I'm sure some will be lining up at their dealers cash in hand for Spring Surge... :yam:

It will be very fun to see whats new (like every year), but I´m trying to keep expectations kind of... low;-)
Of course not much have come out so far, but the general feeling is that Yama and AC is just getter tighter and closer for every year... and it´s not a feeling I´m really comfortable with...well, we´ll see!?

Must say that I´m really impressed this year with the tight lips!
Not only from Y-camp, but also from AC and Polaris.
I feel it always comes something, but really not much this time.
For Ski-Doo it started to leak many days in advance in comparision.

Every once in a while it does something really good but then sits back for fartoo long.

Couch, So true .... Hope this is one of those Historic Events.

Mostly because of our dollar not worth nothing and this new sled being american made ...it probably will give all of us canucks sticker shock!
The good thing is manufactures don't use the exact exchange rate. A sled for 10 k in USA won't be 14k here. It's a game they play internally with profit and loss so they actually make more $ profit selling sleds (or any products ) in the USA at times like this vs Canada. It still hurts don't get me wrong to see what the US guys pay for sleds vs us Canucks. Having said that hopefully the new sleds won't break the $20,000.00 barrier for 2017 models. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
image.png

Just signed up to the site as I'm curious to see what the new sled will be. I'm honestly not expecting much, I don't like the joint built Yamacats and that is exactly what is coming out. The Arctic Cat style mountain bar that was shown in the first video was a dead giveaway.

I'm guessing a new motor of some sort in a revised pro-cross chassis similar to how Ski-Doo updated the XP chassis with new plastic a few years ago.
I think you are right,but I hope your wrong,I would have to agree with you on the mountain bar is clue as it does look like Cats,also the headlight looks like Cats only only modified slightly using LED in the video.I know Yamaha has certain patents disclosed a while back for the Sidewinder concept,so there may be some new ingredients added to their brew into this next sled coming out.We will see tomorrow,hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Last edited:
I don't know why everyone is so down on a TRF built chassis. Yamaha has had several years now to tweak the chassis and access the AC assembly line to modify the chassis to there own liking while still being able to build it here with American Workers. Remember, the Viper is basically a Nytro engine retrofitted to the Procross 1.0 chassis, there is a lot to gain by building a chassis around the engine. I'm willing to bet that there is 2 distinct versions of the Procross 2.0 chassis for 2017, one for the Kitty 2 strokes and another for the 4 stroke Kitty/Snake sleds. I'm also willing to bet a 3rd lighter/smaller chassis is coming in the future for the Teen/Entry/MPG crowd with either the Phazer engine or a fresh non-gear reduction twin as BOTH companies are missing out on that segment! I seen MANY A.C.E. 600 and 900 sleds this past weekend so there is a market for lower HP 4 strokers. They may go after that this year with a detuned 998 YZX motor, tomorrow we will know.

Had a chat to my local dealer here in Norway today and he pretty much confirmed there will be a factory turbo Viper.
However, it's not likely this will be taken in to Norway because of the other news, something more powerful. No word on the chassis tho...

I guess we will know for sure tomorrow :)

Birkebeiner

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back