• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, kill me if you want to but somebody just blew it up on Yamaha Snowmobile USA's facebook page. Go take a look b4 they remove it.

Guys, we all know at this point it's a boosted triple in a tweaked cat chassis. I for one am super excited because Yamaha built this engine from scratch and is purpose built for a snowmobile....we all speculated they would be "borrowing" an engine from their motorcycle line up but they went the extra mile and did a whole lot more. This is proof that Yamaha has no plans of getting out of the snowmobiling business with this kind of investment!

.....Yamaha built this engine from scratch and is purpose built for a snowmobile....

Isn't this engine in their SxS'?

EDIT - and who's FI system, ECU, chaincase, etc. is going to be used?

Need to be patient and wait for the full disclosure....IMO.

"Our master engine engineers designed this engine from a blank sheet."
This is a direct quote from the website yesterday.

Wow, this is so boring. Saw the new sled last night and you can't even talk about it on a dedicated Yamaha forum. That is the most bizarre thing I've ever heard of.

It isn't something I'd buy anyway so it doesn't really matter. It is still heavy and will be expensive.

Yamaha posted this on their FB page this morning...dammit!!!

The new sleds are coming! By 5:00 pm central time, your Yamaha Snowmobile Dealer will have all the details on the lineup. Stop in or give them a call. Media release will be later tonight.

Wow, this is so boring. Saw the new sled last night and you can't even talk about it on a dedicated Yamaha forum. That is the most bizarre thing I've ever heard of.

It isn't something I'd buy anyway so it doesn't really matter. It is still heavy and will be expensive.

We're talking about it now aren't we? We just can't post any of the "pictures" or "info" that was leaked and posted here.

If I'm wrong will the Mods please interject?

We're talking about it now aren't we? We just can't post any of the "pictures" or "info" that was leaked and posted here.

If I'm wrong will the Mods please interject?
You are correct. It is what it is guys. I realize the irony that it's all over the Internet except here but let's respect the relationship that mrsled and this site has with yamaha and do our part to keep that level of trust

I read the whole thing before it was taken down. The Engine is Awesome but I'm not paying 18k for something that can be used 8 weeks a year. I was hoping for the turbo but then a second chassis with 110 hp and lighter setup with a price everyone can afford. Time to buy new shocks for the Vector ! It will be cheaper then the interest on the loan I would have to take out! On the good side they have stepped up the game to a whole new level and the rest will have to bring something!!!!

I read the whole thing before it was taken down. The Engine is Awesome but I'm not paying 18k for something that can be used 8 weeks a year. I was hoping for the turbo but then a second chassis with 110 hp and lighter setup with a price everyone can afford. Time to buy new shocks for the Vector ! It will be cheaper then the interest on the loan I would have to take out! On the good side they have stepped up the game to a whole new level and the rest will have to bring something!!!!

Repeat after me "Bubs wants a turbo!" LOL!!

It is easy to find the info if you leave this site for a few minutes. This is about the only place it isn't found. Thread unwatched due to uselessness of discussion without available information. Have fun guys, mostly love this site but sometimes it is just plain silly the way it is moderated and handled.

It is easy to find the info if you leave this site for a few minutes. This is about the only place it isn't found. Thread unwatched due to uselessness of discussion without available information. Have fun guys, mostly love this site but sometimes it is just plain silly the way it is moderated and handled.
The info that leaked still left all kinds of areas of speculation that can be discussed and guessed about all day long. If you can't understand business relationships and maintaining those relationships then I don't know what to tell you

The info that leaked still left all kinds of areas of speculation that can be discussed and guessed about all day long. If you can't understand business relationships and maintaining those relationships then I don't know what to tell you
Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back