• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New '22 gets POWER STEERING!

I hope they keep the power steering OFF the Cats. I see no need for it if you can set a sled up to handle properly.
Would be interesting if YAM is only one to get PS. Maybe it will only be on the top dog(SRX)?? It would set the Winder apart from cat. Or maybe the Tcat will be gone and cat will be all 2s? Gonna be interesting to see what Cat does as this is their 60th anny, and they are due for a new Gen2 procross IMO after 10 yrs.

Dan

This will reel in some buyers, but I personally don't think they need it. My RTX already steers much easier than my buddies Doo.

New sidewinder!! The power steering isn’t the top of the list for me , more interested in the chain case design & the dash configuration. There isn’t a problem with the suspension.
Dam , looks like I’m selling my 21 SRX :)

People really need power steering,CMON man opps BOY

Agree EPS is not needed on this chassie.....But you guys are missing the point i think....

Steering is always a compromise of keel design, carbide length, and effort of steering. When you introduce Power steering to any sled, you now dont need to compromise your ski/carbide combo to get a good balance between effort and turning on soft outer berm. Now you can rail the outer berm of trail and not worry about push, since you can now run an ultra precise carving ski/carbide combo. Normally you cant run super aggressive ski/carbide setups due to your arms would fall off after a day of riding.

I realize many of you ride more wide open trails, but for my area this is a huge advantage for a heavy sled to have.

EPS allows the best of both worlds...this was always talked about when the Apex EPS came out.

IMO this is a serious new advantage I did not see or think would come, not that I ever cared or wanted it but now Im excited, not too mention this IMO is likely all REAL YAMAHA tech. That alone makes me happy to see YAM actually still has some desire to progress these sleds with YAM tech, not something Cat ever had.

Dan

My guess is the LE spring order will be classified as touring with the power steering, but the SRX will not have it . Don't think this option alone will generate the sales of alot units . They will need changes to gauges, drive axle and the chain case to get apex & vector owners to make the jump to the procross chassis .

My guess is the LE spring order will be classified as touring with the power steering, but the SRX will not have it . Don't think this option alone will generate the sales of alot units . They will need changes to gauges, drive axle and the chain case to get apex & vector owners to make the jump to the procross chassis .
Sold my SW a month ago....Will never consider another until this is changed

I’m going out on a limb and going to say the vector is being replaced...

I like the power steering---as long as it dosent cut into the gas tank like on the Apex. That small Apex tank was one of the three big reasons for selling my Apex.......

I was under the impression that the Genesis moniker was attached to the 4 cylinder engine.

Agree EPS is not needed on this chassie.....But you guys are missing the point i think....

Steering is always a compromise of keel design, carbide length, and effort of steering. When you introduce Power steering to any sled, you now dont need to compromise your ski/carbide combo to get a good balance between effort and turning on soft outer berm. Now you can rail the outer berm of trail and not worry about push, since you can now run an ultra precise carving ski/carbide combo. Normally you cant run super aggressive ski/carbide setups due to your arms would fall off after a day of riding.

I realize many of you ride more wide open trails, but for my area this is a huge advantage for a heavy sled to have.

EPS allows the best of both worlds...this was always talked about when the Apex EPS came out.

IMO this is a serious new advantage I did not see or think would come, not that I ever cared or wanted it but now Im excited, not too mention this IMO is likely all REAL YAMAHA tech. That alone makes me happy to see YAM actually still has some desire to progress these sleds with YAM tech, not something Cat ever had.

Dan
Thumbs up for this technology, what I am hoping to see with 2022 EPS is user control, very similar like the iQS/iACT, having the ability to adjust for rider comfort steering feedback. I personally haven't ridden a sled with EPS, as Dan stated the advantages of power assist to allow for a good ski carving setup without having to have muscle in your $hit to navigate through the tight and twisties.... Looking forward to see if there has been any forward updates to the Yamaha EPS.
Now if they could focus on updating that outdated gauge cluster, we'd be all set!!!!!
Cheers
Ride n Enjoy
Rob

Last edited:

Back