• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New '22 gets POWER STEERING!

The r1 an r6 have a great gauge, use one of them Lol. The power steering is a nice update but I got enough work on my sled it’s not a selling point as of now. The front end updates kept it ahead of all other brands. Rear suspension isn’t at the r motion level or xc level but it’s not way behind. So some geometry changes would have helped. Chassis with more centralized motor placement (closer to between feet) would be biggest improvement imo. Use current front and rear suspension for all I care lol. But that a nicer gauge package and the power steering would make a killer trail sled.

I do see a 600 an 800 coming in the trail versions that started as mountain max, but hopefully yamaha’d more. I’d really like to see (and desperately need) phazer and vector replacements. And hell let’s be honest viper is very long in tooth even tho a solid platform. Maybe build from it or start lightening it up or some changes other than the mapping and airbox update from 2020.

"Patented technology" Lightened CF reinforced plastic chassis components?
They will need lots of it to offset the 6-10 pound increase from power steering.
And as Stain said , cutting back on fuel tank space on the apex to fit the PS wasn't a good thing .

They will need lots of it to offset the 6-10 pound increase from power steering.
And as Stain said , cutting back on fuel tank space on the apex to fit the PS wasn't a good thing .
The steering location on the pro cross is completely different and would not be located in the same place as the Apex.

GO BIG OR GO HOME. How bout a CF lightened 180 HP Turbo TWIN power plant lowered down in the chassis with enough cave left to swallow the PS with Apex-like clutches. Oh #*$&@ wheres my checkbook? 146 tipped rails please.

CHRIST now I posted in one if those "whats coming next" posts.

Need to fix all the little things that are adding up. EPS is useless in my mind. Theres some pretty common issues out there we are all facing which is garbage, including the primary clutch which to me is what needs to be addressed. It was a huge buying point for many of us when we heard the sidewinder was coming out. Time will tell if this is addressed but to get excited about EPS and blindly look past addressing so many issues on this platform is the problem here. Again, to which we will find out soon enough.

I was under the impression that the Genesis label was attached to the 4 cylinder engine.
They have attached the Genesis moniker to other 4 stroke sleds in the past, but I agree that it started out way back when they brought the five valves to street bikes.
I guess there is a slight chance it could be the Apex mill in this chassis. It is still a pretty cool engine, and I do think it could attract buyers in this package, especially if they work out the drive train gremlins that we all complain about.
Honestly I can't remember, have they ever badged a Viper or Winder with the Genesis label?

all the same front panels as current sidewinder,so chassis has no updates up front..time will tell

Back