• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New '22 gets POWER STEERING!

3765AEB2-329C-4B84-9E4B-80914F92170E.jpg
21C86096-81B3-4A24-85FF-E82367DC5359.jpg

Well that’s a let down for some sidewinder guys , looks like power steering only ... great for some but a disappointment for others wanting chassis & gauge updates

Last edited:

Not sure why I can't see the "New for 2022" image on the thundercat but I am dying to know what the deal is there.

Not sure why I can't see the "New for 2022" image on the thundercat but I am dying to know what the deal is there.
9E306B01-2A00-48AA-87A5-4F25C04C9D1D.jpg

Only plus I see on there is the option of shock selection lol

I know it’s simple, but kinda pissed cat got the power steering. It would have been another something to help separate the brands

Oh we are in trouble! Right from their website, says they are totally going to dominate as its perfectly calibrated! Looks like they are claiming bragging rights. LOL!

180 Horsepower
Arm-stretching is an understatement. The new Rotax 900 ACE Turbo R 4-stroke boasts 180 HP perfectly calibrated to deliver radar run bragging rights and total domination on the trail.

As for calibration.....they used a throttle cable so the engine is actually calibrated to match what the throttle lever input is! Now that is high tech!

I wonder what ADAPT is???
TEAM Rapid Response II with ADAPT

201702260842230.jpg

This drive system debuted on the 2017 9000 models, and now it’s nearly across-the-board for 2018. The idea is beautifully simple: a roller bearing on the drive clutch (that allows much tighter belt deflection without wear) and a driven whose sheaves can continue squeeze inward, means that we never have to adjust for belt wear. Plus, it’s ratio offers a 12.5 percent lower speed at engagement compared to conventional systems, allowing a smoother take-off and even less wear. Arctic Cat is calling it ADAPT, for Automatic Deflection Adjustment Performance Technology. I call it smooth, smart and hands-off. It’s on all 2018 6000/7000/8000/9000 models except the Bearcat 7000 XTs.

I wonder since they don’t look like they changed much - would we be able to put the new power steering on a 2020 sled? I know it would be expensive but might be worth it. I know I really like the power steering in the vectors.

Back