• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Excell Motorsports Hyfax "X"-tender wheel!

Just called too! Sounds like monday they will be shipping wheels out!!! :Rockon:

Just got off the phone with Excel. They called me and let me know my wheels are ready to ship. They added something really sweet. They are adding 2 wheels with OEM mounting total of 6 wheels for the 121 Nytro and 4 wheels for a total of 8 wheels for the XTX.

I went with the 6 wheel setup. You can go with teh standard 4 wheel replacement. I think the 6 and 8 wheel setup will be the ticket on these.

here is the pricing and some pics.

FX Nytro 6 Wheel Kit with mounting hardware $225.00

FX Nytro XTX 8 Wheel Kit with mounting hardware $285.00

http://www.excellmotorsports.com/

Attachments

• 1ad9912d0.jpg
    1ad9912d0.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 223
  • 1add53fe0.jpg
    1add53fe0.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 225
I really like the looks of that...post pics of yours wen you get'em on.....nice looking wheel!

Does it really matter if you use the stock mounting with Doo idler wheel?
I know that the Doo bearing (6205) is 3mm thicker than the Yammi (6005) but all the pressure is on the outside washer and nut.
So why are you guys machining the mounts or putting Doo mounts?

The mounts between the slide rails have to be machined to accept the wider bearings so the wheels will be centered between the inner track nubs. If you don't, the wheels will rub the inner track nubs and suffer early failure due to wear and tear.

Machining a mount on the outside of the slide rail is not necessary.

I got my wheels put on the xtx yesterday along with new slides and will be going out riding shortly. They look to be better made than the Yamaha wheels. I'll let everyone know how it goes after some miles today and tomorrow.

monker said:
I got my wheels put on the xtx yesterday along with new slides and will be going out riding shortly. They look to be better made than the Yamaha wheels. I'll let everyone know how it goes after some miles today and tomorrow.
Did you get the package of 8 wheels, or just 6? I ordered the 6 wheels for my XTX before even realizing the 8 wheel package existed.

I got 8 wheels, 6 stock, and 2 on my own extra wheel 'kit'.

After about 60 miles today, everything worked great. Conditions were somewhat low snow, but I wouldn't consider it marginal. My last set of slides needed to be changed before 600 miles in decent conditions. It's still early to judge the performance, but it looks like the wheels are just what is needed for the hyfax wear.

monker said:
I got 8 wheels, 6 stock, and 2 on my own extra wheel 'kit'.

After about 60 miles today, everything worked great. Conditions were somewhat low snow, but I wouldn't consider it marginal. My last set of slides needed to be changed before 600 miles in decent conditions. It's still early to judge the performance, but it looks like the wheels are just what is needed for the hyfax wear.

Thats good to hear!!!

TheBluePearl said:
monker said:
Did you get the package of 8 wheels, or just 6? I ordered the 6 wheels for my XTX before even realizing the 8 wheel package existed.

Me too with only 6 wheels. I'm gonna see if I can get the two more.

purchased

just bought 2 for that pesky front in between the rails location!
glad i dont have to machine anything!!

already have the larger kimpex pros at the other 4 spots. (too wide of a rubber to run in between lugs at center location)

Back