• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New sled...06 Apex GT

Got the sled home last night and I just took the plastic off to look at the clutches. drive clutch has a blue spring, not sure of the weights. I'll take a look when I clean the clutches. The driven clutch is a Team. Did this come stock or did someone put this on?

I also turned the key on and the power commander light that flashes up and down from lean to rich, it stops at the lowest setting...Lean. I was tempted to push the buttons on it but decided not to until I figure out what this thing is lol.

powercommander

Plug it in to your laptop it will download what map is in there. You might have to go to powercommander.com and get the softwear first but i think when you plug it in that it will do it automatically or prompt you to do it. Then figure out what mods you have or want and call ulmers and he might help you out with a map. I am not sure if he sells maps without purchasing the actual product from him. Then just plug laptop with new map in to powercommander and download it. It prompts you how to do it, it is not hard at all. Hope this helps

You can get the control center software here: http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/downloads/powercommander_iii_usb_downloads.aspx
The behavior you see on startup is normal. You will also see the light go up and down with the throttle. As others have stated... You can get the software and then plug it into your laptop to pull the map off of it. That really isn't going to tell you anything though. I'm not sure that Ulmer can help either unless he has tested that exhaust. I'd start with Allen and go from there once you have the map. You need the commander because of the exhaust and that may be where you find your best information. If Allen isn't able to help they should be able to look at your map and let you know if it matches what their exhaust needs. If you just disconnect it, you are going to be lean.

Ok thanks guys. It's a PCIII. Do I need a special USB cord? Thought I read that the PCV used just a regular cord where the PCIII used a differnent one. I didn't get a USB cord with the sled lol...Thats why I'm wondering. I wouldnt be surprised if it hook it up and there isn't a map on it. lol.

Also it has the ignition module. Kind of forgot about that. Even more stuff I have no idea how it works. lol

ranger1 said:
polaris87 said:
hahahah by Fusion I meant Ford Fusion. I have an 09 and I think its a great car. I wouldnt even think of a Polaris Fusion. lol...They were...ah...something someone designed drunk at the kitchen table or something lol.

Anyway, I think I'm going to go with the 1.25 Ice Ripper XT. Tall enough lug for the little bit of off trail riding I do, and the little studs should do fine when the trail ices over at night. We rarely do any ice riding. And if the rivers do freeze, I'll be running my open mod. That thing is studded for ice. lol

For the rest of the mods I'm going to do some research. I'd like to get some maps for the powercommander and try them out. I'll get some info together and call Ulmer. They should be able to set me up.

I think the ice ripper xt is a good choice because it does give you the best of both worlds, extra traction on ice without the added weight. A few of my friends are running those & love them.

P.S MNMSNOWBEAST, I was in fact referring to the old Polaris Fusion!! lol
(This is a snowmobile forum you know)
Yup my bad,totally forgot about that POS,i had the first year 05 to boot,what a pig.

polaris87 said:
Ok thanks guys. It's a PCIII. Do I need a special USB cord? Thought I read that the PCV used just a regular cord where the PCIII used a differnent one. I didn't get a USB cord with the sled lol...Thats why I'm wondering. I wouldnt be surprised if it hook it up and there isn't a map on it. lol.

Also it has the ignition module. Kind of forgot about that. Even more stuff I have no idea how it works. lol
No the blue spring,is aftermarket,chances are it has something other than stock weights too. And they did not come with a team,secondary,the team is ok,as long as it shifts out and holds at least 10,500 at full shift,even better if you can get it to hold at 10,800,but with all the mods this sled already has,either run it the way it is,and see where it is,or put it all back to stock and start from scratch!! Good luck.

Little update..I started wrenching on the sled a while ago...Still ordering parts and such. I went with a 1" Carve track with 144 megabite studs. Replaced all the drive train bearings and seals, all the bearings in the bogeys. The front 4 idlers had 135mm wheels with 6205 bearings. They look like Ski-doo idlers to me. The wheels were on backwards...do they do this to keep the wheels away from the inside lugs on the track. It just looks ugly with the snap rings and the pattern of the wheel facing the rails.. I machined the rear idler mounts .060" so I could use the 135mm 6205 wheels there as well. I havn't checked yet to see which way I need to run these wheels to get them centered in between to lugs. I welded a piece of 1 1/8" pipe behind the rear shock mount to stop the track from wearing the shock. It's near wore through.....1/8" left to the eye. eeeeek

Also installed the 4th wheel kit on the rear axel.

Sending the rear Ohlins to shocktec this week to get rebuilt and maybe revalved. Have to talk to Frank about that. I weigh about 200 lbs.

Top sprocket is a 23 tooth. And there was a map on the power commander. I plugged it in the laptop and a bunch of numbers came up on the grid. That's all I know about that! I Havn't checked the weights in the primary or the driven spring color yet. I have never taken apart a Team clutch and have to do some research how they work...

The sleds getting ready for some snow. I already missed the first 12" that fell. It only lasted 2 days so I didnt miss out on too much! lol

Back