• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New stator installed...no error code...still wont't fire

14ftn

07' Apex GT (8050 miles) I had an erroe code 12. Found out that I should replace the stator and attached sensor.
I purchased an aftermarket stator from RM STATOR. Great pricing, delivered the next day. However, I have it all back together.
The erroe code is gone, but when the engine roles over it will not start. I do get some real loud back fires. Something is not right.
I'm wondering if there is a timming issue with the rotational position of the stator? Does anyone have any input?

What was gone the stator or the crank sensor, if the code is gone its likely flooded. I have read that RM stators mounting holes are to large and you have to move the pickup close as possible to the fly wheel to get it to work. Just replaced mine last week with a original used one $100.00 bucks plug and play, took about two hours to replace one hour of that was removing the old gasket!

Just debating on stripping it back down to try to move the sensor closer. However the code 12 is the sensor and does not display an issue. However the OHM test reads 1.2 and the spec says it should 0.6??? I have a call into RM to see if they have any technical direction or input. Thanks

Sensor needs to be within.010"
Mine went this weekend also. The reviews from RM Stator are not all that good. Parts are from China it seems. $129 is a good price though. Can get an OEM for $234 out of Partzilla.

Thanks for the heads up! I have removed the RM Stator. Hopefully the new OEM arrives today and I can put it back together. Did you have any issues dealing with RM to return the faulty units?

Thanks for the heads up! I have removed the RM Stator. Hopefully the new OEM arrives today and I can put it back together. Did you have any issues dealing with RM to return the faulty units?
Did the OEM stator work out for you?

Back