• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Yamaha Wind Shear Handguards-Reviews or Opinions?

tapp1

Expert
Having a hard time deciding between the Yamaha Semi Rigid Wind Shear Handguards(which I think is the Skinz Heatloc Pro) or the Skinz trail. What are your thoughts? Anyone have pictures with them mounted on their machines that are better than the skinz site?

Thanks

I have a set on my Apex, first time in 4 seasons that my hands have been warm on this sled, Not as good as gauntlets, but easier to ride with on. I leave mine on all the time, but easy to remove and install if you want.

skinz

I really like my my skinz, easy to take on and off when I want to use them on my sled or atv They work nice for the price. :Rockon:

i have them on my apex. great for straight/speed runs. not as great in twisties as i tend to use the end of the grip for leverage and tangle with them. you do get used to them and benefit outweighs negative

BTbt said:
I have a set on my Apex, first time in 4 seasons that my hands have been warm on this sled, Not as good as gauntlets, but easier to ride with on. I leave mine on all the time, but easy to remove and install if you want.

Same here. I have mine on all the time. Had Powermadd's last year. These seem miles better.

I like my Skinz trail series a lot. I do agree they interfere with the use of the bar hooks for cornering but it sure is nice to keep some of that wind off your hands!

If your hands are cold, you need to buy a hot rocks kit from rockmiester. My sled will now burn my hands off if i want to. I rarely use the hottest setting for more than a few miles till the bars warm up and then go back to the stock settings. I just installed guards but only for the limbs and ice chunks that seem to find me.

BETHEVIPER said:
If your hands are cold, you need to buy a hot rocks kit from rockmiester. My sled will now burn my hands off if i want to. I rarely use the hottest setting for more than a few miles till the bars warm up and then go back to the stock settings. I just installed guards but only for the limbs and ice chunks that seem to find me.

Where can you buy the hot rocks kits?

Tookes said:
BETHEVIPER said:

Where can you buy the hot rocks kits?

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

:jump: :Rockon: ;)!

Back