• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No more 4 strokes!!!

Red2003

TY 4 Stroke Guru
The more I think about it, I wish the other manufacturers would NOT produce 4-strokes. Will it push Yamaha to stay ahead of the game and make a better product? Maybe, but I miss pulling up to the gas pumps and having 10 guys come over to see what I was riding and what was under the hood making that different(sweet) sound. I liked having a novelty sled, even if it was heavy and didn't handle quite as well. It was different and unique and cool. I'm going to miss those days....

I totally agree with you there! Even though the others are making 4 strokes, they are all twins and sound like ATV's, so nothing to worry about there. Nothing sounds as sweet as the 4 cylinder Yamaha's, the only thing even close is the 3 cylinder.

A buddy of mine started a polaris FST, and the only thing that came to mind was "damn did he just start a snowmobile, or a lawnmover??" 8)

That is like my late father used to state: "Is that a sewing machine or a snowmobile?" when my brother-in-law would start his 660 4 stroke.

When my RX-1 started, everyone noted the difference in the sound. They would say, boy that sounds so powerful!!!

RX-E

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson "When I gun the throttle, I want people to think the world is coming to an end!" An RX at full song is definitely a religious experience. :D

New Yammy 15,525.00 OTD
Same fuel milage as my g/fs 600 HO and I do alot of WOT runs she just cruises.
Roosting her at stops 3-4 times a day.
Having to watch her get pissed because everyone is oohing and awwwing over my RTX and not even lookig at her Rev PRICELESS!!!!!

Red2003, I know what mean about guys gawking at your sled when pulling into gas stations. It still happens though because some of these guys never get out. I was riding with Tork in January when we pulled into a gas station in Mercer. Bunch of other Poo guys were there filling up too. They all came over and checked out my sled. It was like I was from Mars or something.

I like it when we go out riding and when we pass a group of 2 stroke guys they stare at my sled, I look in the mirror, and they're still staring. And when we're stopped at a resaurant parking lot talking with my riding buddies, I can hear them talking about it. It won't be the same when they all get 4 strokes. ;)!

Yeah it is fun having the sleds checked out at every stop, but damn it does get a little annoying when you're sitting and BSing with your buddies, and you've got guys asking hey who drives the Yamaha, and blah, blah , blah. I wish I could just trust prople and throw them the keys and just say Here, see for yourself.

You might as well figure that no other manufacture makes a fourstroke.. WELL NOT A GOOD ONE ANYWAYS..

Cats high performance four stroke makes 123hp and weights 575 dry..

Doos four stroke makes 60hp and gets 25mpg.. but thats not a peformance sled

Polaris.. a 750 engine with a turbo that only makes 135hp and probobly feels like alot less.. and super heavy too..

Yamaha makes the only fourstroke worth having IMO..

APEX BABY!!!!

I love the sound, High revving DOHC sounds like a Ferrari 360 Modena. 8)

Back