• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No more zx2 skids

Zx2

I got a ZX2 last year with 200km from a guy that was going cat.This guy was 280lb and had a set of big boy spring on the suspension.But I'm just 140lb so I had to change them back to the stock one.With me on the sled with the big boy srings it didn't even move.But before I change them over a friend of mine that is 250lb try it and he told me it rode asome.So if you are in need of this spring they are like new.I wont 200.00 plus shipping for them so if you are intrested in having them let me know.And if not I will be putting them F/S on this site soon.

Cheers Perry..

stomper said:
Anyone talk to AD Boivin lately. I have been trying get an instal kit for my RX1 but no one is returning my emails or calls.

Not always the easiest to get a hold of. I just got an order from them a week or two ago.

This is horrible news.... #$%&* I am with sneakattak, I want to puke! This suspension increased the fun factor of snowmobiling for me and allowed me to do what I love to do, keep on riding. Metal skids break and I use to spend a lot of time not riding due to broken parts. Not so with the ZX2. 24,000 miles later and I have had minimal problems. I can not imagine riding a sled without a ZX2. I have probably been able to ride an extra 5,000 miles over the last five seasons because my suspension was not broke and waiting on parts. I saw a ZX2 for sale over the summer for $1000 and I am kicking myself for not buying it.

What a shame.

I bought 2 used ones here, one for my girlfriends sled and one for parts, once I saw this post.
I can't imagine riding without one. I love it.

Got a call yesterday about a used totally rebuild skid in great shape. It is a black 121". If anyone is interested, please call Mike Fontaine at AD Boivin. This was his personal skid.

crap! I've been on the fence about stretching mine to 136, 144, or even 151. Looks like I better call and check stock on rail extensions in blue huh?

Good luck trying get a hold of them. I was haveing some issues with my install and couldn't get ahold of them. I left messages on several of their answering machines and no one called back. Wasn't very impressed at all. Maybe they will talk to you if you will be spending some money there. But then again I did the same thing looking for an install kit awhile back with the same results. Good luck

I got the last blue extension Dennis had. I purchased it about two months ago. Keep trying to get a hold of them. I always was able to talk to Dennis and Mike Fontaine when I had questions. It is the best skid money can buy. You will love it.

Boston RX1 said:
I got the last blue extension Dennis had. I purchased it about two months ago. Keep trying to get a hold of them. I always was able to talk to Dennis and Mike Fontaine when I had questions. It is the best skid money can buy. You will love it.

:die :o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o|

last blue extensions in what size? I really wanted to go 136 since we do 95% trail riding. Please tell me this isnt the case!

you can still get extensions for them. However, they went up a hundred *****ing bucks! They are now 399 CDN (over 400 USD) for just the 136" extensions. Plus shipping, plus customs fees! They are updating the prices on the website as I type this.

ya know, no wonder they arent producing these any more due to lack of sales. They had no US distributor, horrible customer service (from AD, not 2m), and jacked the prices astronomically since they first came out with them.

"Hey, lets make a really bada$$ skid, but make it really hard to get and then nearly double the price over the years... I bet they will fly off the shelves!"

DigitalFusion said:
you can still get extensions for them. However, they went up a hundred *****ing bucks! They are now 399 CDN (over 400 USD) for just the 136" extensions. Plus shipping, plus customs fees! They are updating the prices on the website as I type this.

ya know, no wonder they arent producing these any more due to lack of sales. They had no US distributor, horrible customer service (from AD, not 2m), and jacked the prices astronomically since they first came out with them.

"Hey, lets make a really bada$$ skid, but make it really hard to get and then nearly double the price over the years... I bet they will fly off the shelves!"

Personally I feel bad for them. Their service is the worst, but their product is the best. It is such a small market. In all my miles on a sled, I have never seen another ZX2. Yamaha customers were their #1 customers. So look at the Yamaha riders and take out all of the people that are happy with a stock skid and you are left with a very small amount of people. I really wish Yamaha would have picked this skid up, but again, it just doesn't make sense as most people are happy with sleds in the stock form and I am sure the Yamaha skids are cheaper to produce.

The ZX2 was crazy expensive at $2000 but that skid is worth it's weight in gold. They have to pay for all of their testing, development, and production somehow. Unfortunately they were forced to do so over a small quantity of skid sales vs spreading it out over a million skids. Who knows though, maybe a stronger US presence would have helped. Sure would have been nice to see these skids at the snowmobile shows and to be able to buy parts in the US without all of the hassle.

I finally got ahold of someone today and they answerd my questions. Too bad it was almost a week late, skids in and now it looks like I will have to reinstall it. Sled sits way too high the way I have it and I would like it a bit lower. A call back would have been nice. Oh well live and learn. They said that the skid instalation instructions was not designed to work with a 1.75" track and it would be best to go back to the stock 1.25". Go figure. They should put that in the instructions.
It is too bad that they aren't selling more skids, it would be tough to make a go of it especialy when the skids last so long and can be taken out and reinstalled in different sleds. But thats no reason to have crappy tech support service

Yamaha should buy this patent or just do what other companies do.....copy it. No wonder I can't find any around for sale.

Up where I live that's a decent deal even with 11,500 miles. That's what my rx1 had on it when I bought it and now it is over 16000 with no issues. Plus it has a zx2. If I was closer I would maybe consider it.

Back