• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

noticed no difference with ecp kit!!!!!!!!!

Wife and I just got back from Canada . It was our first big trip.. I have to thank all of you who said to put ECP kit and the stage 2 clutch kit on.. Wife and I both said its the best bang for the buck we ever spent.. I am a 4 stroke beliver NOW,and the Machs are already sold since I got back. There nice but we both said after having them all there the RX1 are TOPS THANKS GUYS for all the good info. Next year TURBOs on both of them.

ecp kit

My 2 cents, I put the ecp kit on this season. My cluthing is stock. Hands down the sled has more power from start to finish. Pulls harder out of the hole and up through mid-range. I'm not a top end person but I can tell you the sled is much faster on top. As for a Pioneer clutch kit, I had one last year and had no luck dialing it in. It just wouldn't perform no matter how I tuned it. Finally took it off and went back to stock. Just my experiences. Later, Slim

clutch kits do not work. You need a mass adustable setup. Things like Helixs and Rollers can be predetrimed for a setup but weights need slight adjustments. Riders don't weigh the same and motor make different power

RX1/Warrior Power Kit
Get arm stretching acceleration out of your RX1 or Warrior by adding the Speed Shops Power kit. These kits include a Simons CPR Stage II clutch kit and Eastern Cycle Performances ECP Filter kit. ECP has unlocked substantial mid range horsepower by increasing airflow to the genesis extreme 4 stroke. These increases were so dramatic that it took developing a special clutch package to harness the extra power.

Hands downs (BEST BANG) for your buck when installed properly!

AKA: Po Folk Turbo

To date I have not received any telephone calls from these guys for me to try and help them. Whatever you guys doo, definately do not call and ask for help or follow our directions TO THE LETTER!!!

Once again I need the icon of "Supertuner" shaking his head.

I would bet if I was asking $500.00+ for the kit, they would call!

Freddie

jtssrx said:
clutch kits do not work. You need a mass adustable setup. Things like Helixs and Rollers can be predetrimed for a setup but weights need slight adjustments. Riders don't weigh the same and motor make different power

Exactly the reason we use adjustable weights in the kits...BBY

OK, I have had numerous sleds over the years and have done a few things to each of them. Mainly clutch/jetting/studs, etc. I am capable of working on almost anything, but for whatever reason, have never learned much about snowmobiles. I prefer to start it up and ride it. As a result I have fallen victim to a few of the sled shop ads in the magazines that make all kinds of performance claims. Each time I have had the parts put on by a local wrench. Each time I was less than impressed with the results, but told myself (after spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars) "it must be faster". at least it sounded faster.

Now, after reading hours and hours of info on this site I decided to once again try something without being able to ride a sled with the mods first. I purchased an ECP Kit and clutching from Matt at the speed shop. I also decided to install it myself this time. Although the directions did not come with the kit (ECP) with a couple of calls to Matt, I figured it out.

Today I took the sled over to have the carbs synced and stopped in a field that still had some snow to give a quick try....

HOLY $HHHHHHH!tT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If any of you think that the RX1 is a quick sled ...YOU HAVE NO IDEA! Do yourself a favor, buy the kit from matt (great service!!!thanks) and get ready to hold on!!!

I dont know if you can get the same results by mixing and matching different clutching and pipes, etc., maybe, but the FACT is that this setup WORKS!!! IT IS UNMISTAKEABLE, IT IS UNBELIEVABLE!

END OF SUBJECT!!!!!

I've owned a auto reapair shop for 24 years and I guess you just can't please everyone. Have never seen any other dealer that would sell to individualls and then get on line and give advice and stand behind their product. ;)! Wow under $200 for a mod I think I've got close to $10,000 into my sled (no turbo either) and no one else has made sure their product worked or fit!!!!!!!! :o| :o|

The ecp kit works great on my sled it did take awhile to get it tuned to my riding style and to the other mods I made.

Supertuner I have not forgot about sending you the artical from Sledheads from last year, its on my desk. We just got a new digital camara and have been trying to figure out how to send you some pictures also.

Hope you will keep me in mind if you want to SELL your fuel injection to someone to ride at higher elev. We have some lab scopes ,4 gas anilizers and graphing meters with recording capabilities that are portable that we could hook up and send you some feed back.

Great work so far and hope to see more. :Rockon:

Ihave two buddies that have 03 rx1 like mine,and i have a hauck clutch kit and the #2 rx1 has a bender clutch kit and the #3 Has the ecp kit (and the clutching to go with it) and we all run side by side every time. So i think the ecp kit is a waste of money

SnowdemonsRX1 said:
Ihave two buddies that have 03 rx1 like mine,and i have a hauck clutch kit and the #2 rx1 has a bender clutch kit and the #3 Has the ecp kit (and the clutching to go with it) and we all run side by side every time. So i think the ecp kit is a waste of money

You guys and girls have no idea what it takes in the way of testing before I will release a product. Statements like the above one upset me to death.

Tell me this "SnowdemonsRX1 housewife"...

1. What is the weight of each rider and each sled?
2. What does each sled make for horsepower?
3. What is the final drive gear ratio of each sled? (and not what the owner told you it is either...remove the cover and check the number of teeth yourself)
4. What track does each sled have on it?
5. What suspension does each sled have on it?
6. What RPM does the clutching run at?
7. What antics does the tach go through during the run?
8. What distance are you running?
9. What conditions are you running in?
10. What color snowsuit do you wear?
11. Does the snowsuit match your sleds color?
12. Does the helmet match the sled?

Give me definitive answers to these questions before posting anything else about my air kits. 3 people out of the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds sold that are having tremendous luck and you think they are a waste of money.

Mr. Sled, I will pay you to create an icon of SUPERTUNER shaking his head!

Unbelieveable.

like I said all three sleds are 03 rx1 stock tracks,all 3 have the same amount of studs (we all bought them together) they all run to 10400 rpm, there is only about 20lbs different between us. I dont care what the conditions are, we all ran at the exact same time in the feild,and yes it was winter and snow on the ground,and by the way the guy that bought your product does not have maching helment and suit because he wasted his money on the ecp kit,if you are going to get this up tight over a product,you are in the wrong buisness, not everyone is going to like the ecp kit. And by the way i thought gender did not matter, its comments like""Tell me this "SnowdemonsRX1 housewife""why women get so pissed. Like my wife.

I don't see the big deal. If the ECP kit doesn't work for you SnowDemon, just give me a shout and offer to sell it to me.

Win-win: I get an ECP kit, you get some of your money back.

Just let me know :)

snowdemon, I see your from the central part of Mi, where abouts are you ? I have a place at Houghton Lk and would really like to run you and your buddies with my 03 RX-1 shorty with the ecp kit. I don't really want to run you but would love to get next to the other guy's just to show them how well MY kit performs. Oh and Im 240 pounds before Im dressed to ride. The only difference in the sleds are my exhaust and track, I have the 1 inch camo with 144 stud's. Lets line em up on the lake sometime.

:Rockon:

Back