• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NY ride #2

RX-1MAN said:
BIG BLACK WARRIOR said:
Dave, Yes I got the Black one. I was never fond of the Blue Yami's. That is funny though, because blue is my favorite color. I should change my name to Big Black Apex, Maybe I'll shorten it to BBA.

I like blue too but you just get sick of everything being blue after awhile.

Hey, you could put some monster energy stickers on that black sled. I remember another guy doing that once and it didn't look too bad :hide:

Hey..I RESEMBLE that remark, David!! You pokin fun there, youngster?

Yea, I got done with the blue also with my SRX and everything being blue blue blue. Blue Sled, blue jacket, blue pants, blue helmet, blue goggles, blue underpants...shoot I even had a blue tow-strap to tow the Doos and Cats back home!

Now I am anti-blue. hence, Monster Energy black and green for 2 seasons. And now the Orange and black theme.

Looking forward to the ride. Not sure which sled I'll be on as the Attak is still at the dealer under warranty contemplation. If Yamaha dont make good on the rear shock, not sure if I am going to replace the Ohlins or just ditch the Mono and go with an aftermarket skid. If not, good ol' reliable SRX is still in the stable.

NY AttakGT said:
Hey..I RESEMBLE that remark, David!! You pokin fun there, youngster?

Looking forward to the ride. Not sure which sled I'll be on as the Attak is still at the dealer under warranty contemplation. If Yamaha dont make good on the rear shock, not sure if I am going to replace the Ohlins or just ditch the Mono and go with an aftermarket skid. If not, good ol' reliable SRX is still in the stable.

Well, if the shoe fits.......

Hopefully YES will take care of you, don't want to see you have to ride in back of pack LOL

the back :o| ,I justwant to know what oil do you prefer and i can accomodate :moon:

This is my 13th season riding snowmobiles. Always on Yamaha and always BLUE. '99 SRX for 3 years, '02 Viper for 5 years, and the '07 Phazer FX on 5th season as well. Lest we not forget Yamaha is referred to as " TEAM BLUE". Not team orange and black (Harley Davidson's colors). Changing color for the sake of changing color is something women do with kitchens.

I like variety and lots of colors, but just wanted to get this blue thing off my chest. BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE!!!! There....now I feel better.

Blue Yamaha's Rule
:yam:

Don't forget to pack your short sleeve shirt for Fridays ride. Should be pushing 50 on the 18th. I have been trying to call the Three Bear Inn for 3 straight days to make my reservations, and all I get is a busy signal. Did they go out of business?

Talked to owner this morning and she is open. Not sure what number you were using Gordon but she says both of the numbers on web site are good. She has rooms still available for the dates of our ride.

Viperman and I started our ride today on 3" of fresh snow! Trails were great and we were making good time heading to Morrisville. 40 miles from home I'm feeling a vibration and hearing a rumble when starting to move. Thought maybe belt was going but much to my dismay the jack shaft bearing is toast. This after religiously lubricating every 1K miles. Limp it down to the road and call my dad to come with the trailer. I'll be contacting CNY Powersports in am to confirm they can get this taken care of well before Friday's ride, sled still under warranty. If they can't I have two other dealers nearby I can contact.

15 minute job putting a new one in. I'm down in Lancaster PA right now. Looks like it is raining fairly hard back in Westernville right now. Still looks like 50 for Friday. Should be back about normal for Sat. & Sun. My snowpack when I left my Friday morning was 33", looks like we got about 6" yesterday, according to a WKTV weather blog, but now the rain UGH!!

Well, I know changing bearing isn't too long a job. Problem is CNY and SSR both gave me the same story. Got a lot of sleds in over weekend, shop busy, blah, blah ,blah. You can drop it off and we will see what we can do, can't make any promises it will be done by Thursday. Called Pendells and he can't do warranty work as he hasn't been a sled dealer since 2007(didn't know that). Figured I'd give Excell a shout, talked to TY member Harold. He said parts in stock, bring it over. They will get started on it soon as I get there. Over an hour drive one way but at least now I'm feeling more confident it will get done by Thursday.

Throw it on the trailer and bring it to 3 Bear parking lot. I'll have ya in and out in about 20 minutes, Dave-O!! It is a ridiculously quick swap. I'll even slap a Monster Energy sticker on your hood when I am done. Sticker should be good for about 2 additional MPH on the top end.

I am assuming you mean the bearing behind the speedo housing, like the one that went on your RX-1 in Boonville a few years back? Or do you mean the jackshaft bearing, which is behind the secondary and runs to your upper gar in chaincase?

I might come up Friday night. Anybody gonna ride Friday night if I make the trip up early? Dont want to come up Friday night to hang in the motel. Otherwise I will just wait til Saturday morning.

I,m thinking joining up with the group , maybe even for fri am. Also want to help VIPERMAN with some blue representation.

Keeping my eye on this warm spell end of week. Trails right now are still good even with today's warm weather and rain. Snowing now and fortunately it will be cold Tuesday. Not sure how well everything will hold up with three warm days in a row coming up and rain again. Maybe it will be a bit cooler than forecast. Should we consider another possible location for ride or just wait and see what the end of the week brings and either do it here or cancel?

Boy Mother nature has really gone south. I plan on attending on Sat. and monday. Working on a Kitchen pass for sunday lol Lets hope the snow stays put. see you all on sat.

Back