• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NYTRO GAUGE SWAP?

Personally I think you should stop looking down at your gauge and ride the damn thing.

The gauge is perfectly suitable for the design of the sled. If you want to watch the gauge instead of looking at the terain which should be coming at you fast, then buy another sled. Something like my Grandma owns. A vector or something.

Sorry guys, you are all entitled to my opinion. RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT. then trade it in.

waubamikrider said:
Personally I think you should stop looking down at your gauge and ride the damn thing.

The gauge is perfectly suitable for the design of the sled. If you want to watch the gauge instead of looking at the terain which should be coming at you fast, then buy another sled. Something like my Grandma owns. A vector or something.

Sorry guys, you are all entitled to my opinion. RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT. then trade it in.

Ya that is close to what I was thinking when I seen this thread.

It tells me what I want to know and I like the digital speedo. It is fast to see my speed IMO.

I got a phazer gauge bracket & moved it up to where these old eyes can see it.

Attachments

• nytro gauge 007.jpg
    nytro gauge 007.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 273
tcona, i was wondering if we could do that. did you have to extend the guage wiring?

for us tinker'ers and tuners having a FULL SWEEPING tach guage at a glance to see what the seld is doing is huge to us. the big speedo readout is great but, truely what is needed on the nytro is a apex type pod with more features than what we currently have, espeically a finctional easy to view at a glance tach.

even the owners manual states not to use the tach feature while in motion. well, how do they expect you to make sure you are tuned for clutching, or find an issue you may have (hesitation cough, hesitation) at a certain rpm if we cant see it?

we wouldnt have to stare at it repeatedly if it were a larger readout. ski

waubamikrider said:

HAHA you are funny the gauge is junk does Yamaha pay you to say these things?? haha

Skydog

CATS OUT THE BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLUG IT IN AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew they would change nothing but the gauge. For them to change plugs,wiring is to retool and that cost money!

Skydog

skidooboy said:
tcona, i was wondering if we could do that. did you have to extend the guage wiring?

for us tinker'ers and tuners having a FULL SWEEPING tach guage at a glance to see what the seld is doing is huge to us. the big speedo readout is great but, truely what is needed on the nytro is a apex type pod with more features than what we currently have, espeically a finctional easy to view at a glance tach.

even the owners manual states not to use the tach feature while in motion. well, how do they expect you to make sure you are tuned for clutching, or find an issue you may have (hesitation cough, hesitation) at a certain rpm if we cant see it?

we wouldnt have to stare at it repeatedly if it were a larger readout. ski
Ihad to extend the wires.Also i have used the tack while running--no problems.My apex gauges used to fog up :o| not this one ;)!

waubamikrider said:

YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA.blah blah bl;ah blah blah blah. thanks :o|

waubamikrider said:

The gauge isn't perfectly suitable....RPM is 10x more important than speed to me and when its hitting 8500 and you have to try and focus on a half inch display which is bouncing around to get your rpm... that's dangerous....
:drink:

Tach is off... working on a fix! But i have a pic of the install!!! SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skydog

That looks good,
I imagine you could have set it right down if you didn't have your other guages there.

So, it was as simple as plugging in the connectors?

Everything works besides the tach accuracy?
hopefully you can get it to work
100% improvement

Yep all good pulg it in! You could mount it lower yea... The only thing that does not work is the clock after a few mins with it off it resets.(Apex has a back up power wire) You couls fix that too but dont need a clock that bad... Have one on my phone and on my temp gauge....

Skydog P.S. Just need a tach pulse adapter from like MSD i think....

Back