• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Off to Maine for season

I've been working on a TY crew for some time now. Met a few last year & adding some each year.
There are 6 of us from the Nock area that could ride up to the County to hook up with 6 others for a day ride.
That would make 12. That's almost a Bakers' Dozen.

2 more & we'd have a gang!
We can call ourselves Tom's Angels, Maine chapter
That's a cross of Hell's Angel's, Charlie's Angel's & Tom's of Maine and Tom as in "Tom the Blade"

Other names could be:
-the Blade Runners
-the Main Men from Maine
-Guys on Cat Sleds with Yamaha Stickers on Sides................this would be hard to stitch on our leather vests though

I’ll be there the day after Xmas(the 26th) if they have riding/snow? I know they’ve already groomed and rolled the trails, but some rain is on the way tomorrow, and what kind of damage that does? And if they get more snow between now and then-will determine if I go. I’m staying in St. Agatha...at the Long lake Motor Inn; great little lodge it is! Trail comes right to the back door, and you can jump on the lake across the street..awesome location.

Have stayed at that NasCar motel many times during many of the Madawaska mill outages.
That area is also a great lunch or dinner destination with either Lakeview restaurant or the more expensive Long Lake Sporting Club which serves way too much for Dinner though. Locals must be big eaters huh?

Family fun time from Christmas until 2cnd week in January. Christmas plans, Pats game, New Years plan and vacation in Miami and the Keys.. I owe it to my girls !! So for once in my life sledding will have to wait, but the way it is looking right now, I may not miss much. We usually do end of season backpack in the county anyways once we hear that the trails are waiting for us with spectacular conditions and weather.

I've been working on a TY crew for some time now. Met a few last year & adding some each year.
There are 6 of us from the Nock area that could ride up to the County to hook up with 6 others for a day ride.

That's a cross of Hell's Angel's, Charlie's Angel's & Tom's of Maine and Tom as in "Tom the Blade"

Other names could be:
-the Blade Runners
-the Main Men from Maine
-Guys on Cat Sleds with Yamaha Stickers on Sides................this would be hard to stitch on our leather vests though

Sounds great, would love to meet up with all if I can manage some County riding time this season!

How about Yamacats.
Or maybe Tommy Too Fast because an Angel I am not.
Have you heard the Mass radio station with their Men From Maine skits? I am not going there.

Way too many to mention all but here are a few. Some of the snowmobile maps are really great for this whereas they list many hot spots on them.

Millinocket has many in town, but this one is not in town, and is known for their cuisine. (5 Lakes Lodge). Fuel?

Shin Pond village/ lodging, fuel and country store style eatery. or Mt Chase Lodge located near ShinPond, they offer meal plans except for Mon Tues I think.

Bowlin Camps, rustic accommodation and fuel? Food yes but do not expect anything great in this remote spot with restaurant. Hunting cabins at best.

Deans Restaurant and lodging in Portage. 2 story older type hotel with nice restaurant and a country store just across the road with fuel and country store food and goodies.

Presque Isle has many but only one with restaurant within. That would be Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center. Just across the road is the Sure Stay which use to be the Budget Inn. They were always priced cheap but since the buy out there prices have gone up.
In town is the Hampton Inn but one would have to drive or sled to find dining like a Bonanza restaurant or The Lodge or Governors etc. They are assessable by sled but who wants that after a long day on the trails or rr beds.

Caribou Inn & Convention Center as mentioned by other. Or the Crown Park hotel is near by but without a restaurant.

Madawaska also has a few, The Inn At Acadia has really good restaurant for dinner and for what they call a continental breakfast which offers freshly cooked crepes while you watch. Kind of funky location whereas we park off street, on the School front lawn area, which is the local snowmobile trail that leads to fuel downtown. But cross the school road and there is the groomed trail!!!

I am leaving many off this list like Fort Kent, St Agatha, and many more but this should give you something to think or dream about.

Happy Trails!!

5 Lakes Lodge has no gas unless you stay there.
NEOC, or Twin Pines, has AMAZING food while staring at Mt Katahdin, atmosphere & gas.
Bowling Camps has gas & food during day only.
Mt Chase is hardly ever open.
And don't forget Libby's past Shin Pond. Some AWSOME trails!!!!!!

Other names could be:
-the Blade Runners
-the Main Men from Maine
I would like to meet up with some of you guys, i am making the trip from N.E. Pa. and will be riding out of Shin Pond the 2nd week of Feb and the first week of March.

I may be off that week also & looking for people to ride with.
My bud is expecting a baby & his riding time will be cut this year

Well, I'll kick the season off on the right foot.....

I'll be at the Sporting Club for lunch on Saturday, Dec 28th. As a special, the first three TY Members to show up will be given the opportunity to buy me a beer! (Just kidding!!) Actually, any TY Member who wants to join me there is welcome!

As long as there's snow, i'll be there. I'll buy you a beer.
WAIT a SECOND! I think you owe me a beer from last year. I don't drink while riding so you can buy me a beer then i'll give it to you
BUT i may be changing plans to Saguenay

I think the County will get more snow after tomorrow’s rain...pattern looks Active going forward the next two weeks..with plenty of cold around. Might be a blessing that the big Rainer comes two weeks before Xmas week this year. Instead of last year getting wiped out just 2-3 days before.

I think the County will get more snow after tomorrow’s rain...pattern looks Active going forward the next two weeks..with plenty of cold around. Might be a blessing that the big Rainer comes two weeks before Xmas week this year. Instead of last year getting wiped out just 2-3 days before.
Thats what I'm hoping for, all this rain in December = no rain in January! Hopefully...

How did northern Maine fair with the rain Saturday? Anything left?

I went on 4 weather reports this morning & i'm only seeing 1 to 3 inches by New Years.
I'm delaying trip for a week

Back